Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Craziest thing you have caught

We had a tournament about 10 years ago. We were fishing some shallow rocks in the middle of nowhere. I get a fish, set the hook and it surfaces immediately. It was not a fish, it was a wallet. I screamed GET THE NET. We landed that sucker. Had money and cards and a license. We contacted the owner after the tournament. He was dumbfounded.

Had another tournament on the Miss and a fellow competitor caught a bull frog vertical jigging in 12ft of water. He brought the frog on stage.

I caught a sock on the Ohio River and one of those older plastic webbed lawn chairs.

I once caught a toaster, but it fought like an oven.

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

4. Member
    Caught a pair of Oakley sun glasses on a crankbait. A couple of shirts. One of my buddies legs with a topwater when giving it a hook set, came flying back and wrapped around his lower leg impaling one of the hooks into his calf.

I caught a window planter this past weekend
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Snake, mussel shell, coke can
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

7. Member
    Caught a spinning rod / reel once in about 20ft.. hooked it in the top eyelet!

8. Member
    Steering wheel / column out of the ohio river.

I caught a giant freshwater clam with a squarebill.Ill bet that sucker was a pound!
    Just got back from the Harris Chain and while we were fueling up there was a Cormorant standing on the dock piling he took off as we approached then swooped over another boat beside us where a guy had a gizzard shad tied on to a pole the bird took off with it in his mouth and I guess it hooked him it yanked the pole off the deck and they went after him he flew for about 100 yards before hitting the water .

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I once found a marker buoy in early spring all algae covered looked like it had been there all winter and so it was in deep water about 30+ feet. I start to wind it up and get about 1/2 way and feels some extra weight and such then I keep winding and start to see the tip of a rod and say wow and then I get ahold of the rod and something is pulling back and on the rod is a 15" trout that was kind of surprising...lol also caught a chicken wrap in wire and weighted down with sparkplugs.... strange voodoo maybe...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

11. Member
    Son fishing with me caught a Mason jar filled with moonshine! Needless to say it didn't smell drinkable. What a waste!

I caught a man’s toupee on a crankbait in the “S” turns up the Roanoke River arm on Smith Mountain Lake.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Caught a blue heron on an A-rig once. Pretty good fight getting him in the boat. Covered his head with a life jacket and managed to get my rig back.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

Boat. Had a mofo get to close to the bank!

15. Banned

16. Member
    Bull frog, snake, alligator.

A friend caught an owl casting a Rapala just before daylight one morning..

17. Member
    Last year I caught and landed a 3lb rock. The funny thing is when I set the hook on it the felt like a fish bite.

18. Member
    Last summer a 13 lb snapping turtle then 5 minutes later a 4' water snake on a topwater popper. About 30 years ago up on Lake Erie perch fishing caught a sea gull.

19. Member
    Big arse bullfrog. A kinni top (boobs not include)

20. Member
    Seen bunch of seagulls hooked down in FL...nasty lil guys!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast