Boat friendly motels on Chickamauga....be my 1st trip

Heading to Lake Chickamauga in May for the first time. Looking for boat friendly hotels near Dayton. Thanks
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Get a cabin at blue water....best place by a long shot

3. Member
    Other options, start here

http://fishdayton.com/

4. Banned
    Fish Dayton for sure if you're dead set on staying there or the Island Cove Marina Hotel on the lower end has a free courtesy slip you can use if you stay there. Bluewater may be the same way.

Bill

5. Member
    we have stayed at Americas best value inn,best western,and blue water resort all in Dayton.americas best value inn will cost you less,best western a little more updated and pricey,blue water resort your already on the water but its even more pricier.all are boat friendly. all have some hookups where you don't have to unhook your boat from your truck to charge batteries.americas best value inn and best western are right beside each other and most of the time that we have stayed there its been very quiet with no problems.if you decide to book your rooms at Americas best value inn request that your room be on the office side and not the back side.dont ask me why but for some reason I just wouldn't feel that safe on the back side.besides if you have to unhook that night from your truck it would be tough the next morning to hook back up because theres not a lot of room on the back side.good luck to you,you will enjoy the chick
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

6. Member
    I'll add the new Sleep Inn and Holiday Inn.. Bluewater is an excellent choice by the way with a private ramp for guests

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    The Sleep Inn in Dayton has a nice well lit parking lot, with outlets on every light post. No need to even unhook boat if you don't want to.
    Rooms are nice, at $90 night, with breakfast (ask for angler rates), and never heard of a break in, in that parking lot.

I've stayed in the sleep inn a couple times. It was nice and a lot of room. Decent breakfast in the morning.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

9. Member
    Was just down there the 20th-25th. Stayed in a large house right off the main lake about 1 mile from Cottonport ramp. I can get the info if you like, as long as you have a large group its not bad money wise. We fit 5 trucks with boats attached in the driveway and was able to charge them all overnight.

Edited to add.
    If you fish Dayton. Stop in at Dayton Boat Dock and Grill. The food is delicious, and the people are great.
    Last edited by Facemelter; 04-02-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

10. Banned
    There are some inexpensive motels in Cleveland and Athens, TN, on the main interstate exits. They are not far from the River.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    Was just down there the 20th-25th. Stayed in a large house right off the main lake about 1 mile from Cottonport ramp. I can get the info if you like, as long as you have a large group its not bad money wise. We fit 5 trucks with boats attached in the driveway and was able to charge them all overnight.

Edited to add.
    If you fish Dayton. Stop in at Dayton Boat Dock and Grill. The food is delicious, and the people are great.
    If it's not an FLW tourney week, Michael Neal (FLW pro) runs the tackle shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    The Sleep Inn in Dayton has a nice well lit parking lot, with outlets on every light post. No need to even unhook boat if you don't want to.
    Rooms are nice, at $90 night, with breakfast (ask for angler rates), and never heard of a break in, in that parking lot.
    Definitely recommend Sleep Inn
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 FS