Ram swing arm mount help

Just got a ram swing arm mount to mount my helix 10 at the console and noticed there isn’t a hole in the mount to run the wires through. If anyone has the same mount could you show me your setup and how you run the wires. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Drill a hole in the console near the bracket large enough to get the wiring connections through. After pulling the wires to the unit cover the hole with a wiring cover. Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, some of the depth finder manufactures used to sell these covers.

3. Member
    Like tom said, you have to drill a hole and use a cover. This one is from TH Marine, was like $7 for a 2 pack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member

Like Tom Said you have to drill a hole and then find a cover. This one is from TH Marine and is like $7 for a 2 pack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    You can insert a spacer underneath the mount, drill a hole in the spacer as well as the center of the mounting surface on the boat. Cut out the location on one side of the spacer to accept the wires, then feed them through the hole in the mounting surface and bolt the Ram mount to the top of the spacer. I made one from a black cutting board from Wal-Mart. Cut it with my tablesaw to the same size + a hair of the Ram Mount, used a flush trim bit in a router to smooth and round the corners and edges. I think that cutting board was about 3/8" thick and plenty of room for the three cables I ran through.

6. Member

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro29 View Post
    That is the concept that I made from the cutting board. These will not fit the swing mount.