Livewell Question

Sorry for all the questions. Tried to call Charger, but they said Jim was the man but he only works 2 days a week and said call back Tuesday.

Aerator switch pumps water into the livewell. Bait tank switch acts as recirculator and pump out depending on position of pipe inside livewell. The bait tank switch has automatic timer built into the switch I believe. It also seems to be a 2-way on switch (top and bottom) similar to running lights. Does the top and bottom offer 2 different timer options? Yesterday was the first time I actually used the livewell (both of them) and neither one seemed to have any rhythm to the on/off cycles. I didn't have a watch to time it though, but I'm pretty sure the starboard side was cycling twice as much as the port side. I was hoping somebody knew the actual on/off cycles. And lastly are there timers that can actually go bad behind the dash?

what boat is this?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    what boat is this?
    2014 - 496

4. Member
    up on the switch is manual and it bypasses the timer down is auto and uses the timer to run the pump hope this helped

5. Member
    the time cycle on the timers is not adjustable you get what you get sorry . and yes the timers can and have went bad but we have replacements at the shop you can buy

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robert m View Post
    up on the switch is manual and it bypasses the timer down is auto and uses the timer to run the pump hope this helped
    Thank you Robert. In manual position, it runs non stop?

7. Member
    yep in manual it runs till you turn the switch off again