Thread: Lake Murray BFL

Lake Murray BFL

Well, I got to fish Murray last Saturday, and did ok. I was paired with Joe Anders from Easley, SC. as my boater. Like most of the people, their shallow bed fishing pattern was dead. Cold weather was the main cause, pushing fish off their beds. Joe did manage 13-7. Me, well, I settled for one fish at 3-13, and lost one when he wrapped himself on a dock piling and cut the line. Hey, I got one at least one. T-rig, jig, and crankbaits were no joy. Wacky fishing caught my one fish and some of Joe's. Most of the good bags were from the upper lake and the river. With warm weather starting, the fish should be back on the beds. Get out and try it.

Those fishing the Costa at Santee Cooper....good luck to you guys, I expect to see some good bags there.

usmc03

You been back to Murray lately?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

3. Member
    Plan to this weekend, going up the river first, and work my way back down. Will post later if the bite was good.

4. Member
    KHNC, my partner changed his mind and wanted to fish Wateree instead. Its closer to where he lives than Murray. Did well, we caught fish and had a good time. I have some friends that fished a benefit tx on Murray, I will get with them and find out what is going on Murray.

Thanks buddy!

Had a tough weekend fishing Murray the last couple of days. With the nice weather, i was stoked for some topwater action down there. Unfortunately , it didnt happen for me this time. Hit the mid lake area, going from point to point, throwing topwater and swimbaits with very little to show for it either day. Couple of nice fish, but very few bites overall. Seems the fishers of men tx had great results. Many teams over double digits and 7-8 over 17lbs. So it seems the were biting somewhere. Anyone else care to share their results? I just was amazed it was that tough to get on fish this time.

Glad yall had a good trip to Wateree!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!