Looking to re-power

How good are these engines performance wise? I have a blown motor and I am looking into repowering. I am not sure which brand, might even stay with Mercury. This motor has blown twice. Just looking for some opinions on different brands. I am looking at Honda as well.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

2. Member
    I left mercury for a 250ss. Had a 225 opti. My ss is a little faster. Way more torque midrange pull, and is easy on fuel if you don't mash it all the time. No issues in 2 plus years.

3. Member
    My procraft runs 71 or 72 with a prop that's about 1 pitch under. I think with a repitch I could be mid 70s.

How is the hole shot?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

5. Member
    The elite anglers that run Suzuki's on Bass Cat's are averaging 73 to 74 mph with a tournament load and are turning a 27P or 28P 4 bladed Suzuki prop. I'm currently running a 26P Suzuki prop and hitting 70 @6100 rpms.

Hole shot wise, it took some experimenting, but I learned that the motor likes to sit high on the jack plate to take off unlike the previous Mercury Pro XS that I had. I was quickly jumping on plane last weekend with 1-12' Talon and full livewells.

I was in a similar situation as you were last year with the Mercury I had. I decided to sell my Pro XS while it was still running strong, but I wanted some more reliable and not so maintenance heavy unlike the Mercury's. My boat is paid off and I have no intention of trading it off, so I bit the bullet and paid for the expense of swapping everything over to Suzuki to include a new jack plate and hydraulic steering. In the end, I'm glad that I made the switch.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Did you pay cash or finance? I will have about 7 grand to put down.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

7. Member
    I sold my opti, then went to Muskogee federal credit union. Got 2.9 for 60 months. Paid it off already, but that's hard to beat. Holeshot is good. Procraft are heavy and have near 50 gallon wells... If they are full it can slow me some.

8. Member
    I think my motor with rigging was $18,750, or close. So I financed about 14 I think.

9. Member
    Brandon Card ran a 250ss on his 21 triton. He was running near mid 70s tourney loaded. Check out his web

10. Banned
    Suzuki promotion till March 31st.....additional 3 yr warranty on top of their factory 3 year for free!

11. Member
    Yep I got 6 on mine.

Buy from International Marine...They are awesome to deal with!

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Yep I got 6 on mine.
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Buy from International Marine...They are awesome to deal with!
    Can you pm me some details please? Thanks.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X