Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    You know I can't help but point out the OP on this thread never specified a hull size for this comparison?

Trying to decide which BRAND is better without comparing apples to apples is POINTLESS.

Me thinks this thread was designed to be another brand bashing thread...designed to divide us and .
    No , that’s not at all what I am trying to do . Ok , let’s compare the 190 vs 188 stability and manuvering around while fishing . Apples to apples . I didn’t ask about the ride . I agree the tracker should ride better than the RT188 . Wind for instance , I feel like my boat does real well in the wind . I don’t know if the strakes on the hull helps but I feel that they do . Just asking for some comparisons . I’ve never been in a Tracker

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    No , that’s not at all what I am trying to do . Ok , let’s compare the 190 vs 188 stability and manuvering around while fishing . Apples to apples . I didn’t ask about the ride . I agree the tracker should ride better than the RT188 . Wind for instance , I feel like my boat does real well in the wind . I don’t know if the strakes on the hull helps but I feel that they do . Just asking for some comparisons . I’ve never been in a Tracker
    Oh...thank God. For minute there I thought maybe you were breaking another rule. You've been on a tirade lately.

Perhaps you should edit your OP... maybe avoid some of these useless "apples and oranges" comparisons.

3. Member
    Oh...thank God. For minute there I thought maybe you were breaking another rule. You've been on a tirade lately.

Perhaps you should edit your OP... maybe avoid some of these useless "apples and oranges" comparisons.
    Yeah , I could of left out the Ranger is filled with foam throughout part . I don’t get that either . And that guy from BPS , I didn’t trust him one bit . He had phoney written all over him !

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

4. Member
    Man! I had a good response already lol.

I would say yes, when comparing an RT188 to a PT190, the Ranger fishes better. It tracks better and it doesn’t get blown around as much.

Anywhere else, the Tracker wins. With the big motor on and running down the lake, it’s just a better ride IMO.

5. Member
    I like my Triton mag.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    Man! I had a good response already lol.

I would say yes, when comparing an RT188 to a PT190, the Ranger fishes better. It tracks better and it doesn’t get blown around as much.

Anywhere else, the Tracker wins. With the big motor on and running down the lake, it’s just a better ride IMO.
    I have been in them both a lot in a lot of different weather and this quote is a true statement.

The only thing I might add is that they are about the same ride in easy and moderate water.... But the Tracker rides better in rough stuff. I don't fish the rough stuff anyway and I didn't fish it when I had a 19 ft. Champion either. I just don't like fishing in bad wind...it blows my Senko off target.LOL.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

7. Member
    I don’t do rough stuff either . No need for that . Gotta keep that Senko on target .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

8. Member
    Are we allowed to use the "pot stirring" emoji anymore?? I think that's a bannable offense now??
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

9. Member
    Save money and buy a Tracker
    2018 Ranger RT188

10. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    I don’t do rough stuff either . No need for that . Gotta keep that Senko on target .
    Speaking of which, our Field and Stream's price of Senkos is now $9 per bag, absurd, and we go through hundreds of 'em... Tacklewarehouse at $7.29 is still reasonable...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpriest View Post
    Save money and buy a Tracker
    Initial cost wise you are right but in the long run you can resell the Ranger for more down the road so the cost difference becomes a wash. IMO buy which one that you like better.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
    Initial cost wise you are right but in the long run you can resell the Ranger for more down the road so the cost difference becomes a wash. IMO buy which one that you like better.
    Ranger Tin resale is about to take a big hit.

Word is that with Vexus Tin hitting the market a lot of Ranger Tin owners are looking to dump their tins to move over to Vexus.

When this begins the used tin market is going to be saturated with Rangers driving their Tin resale value into the toilet.

Buy a Tracker...It will hold it's value better than a Ranger given the market today...

And if you own a Ranger Tin you might consider keeping it forever (they make a fine tin) or maybe sell it now before the run begins.

13. Banned

Word is that with Vexus Tin hitting the market a lot of Ranger Tin owners are looking to dump their tins to move over to Vexus.

When this begins the used tin market is going to be saturated with Rangers driving their Tin resale value into the toilet.

Buy a Tracker...It will hold it's value better than a Ranger given the market today...

And if you own a Ranger Tin you might consider keeping it forever (they make a fine tin) or maybe sell it now before the run begins.
    Sounds like I don’t have to worry about the market flooding with Polar Krafts! I think I’m the only one who owns one here!

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    Sounds like I don’t have to worry about the market flooding with Polar Krafts! I think I’m the only one who owns one here!
    There's a lot of truth to that statement. The fact that its pretty rare and its a great tin means you will probably do well when/if you sell.

I like the Polar Kraft...very well made and designed tin...plus I heard you get a free side of fries and a large coke with every purchase... Is that true??

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar

OK, OT - just when I thought you had turned over a new leaf you go and do something like this.............................................. .........and totally redeem yourself!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    OK, OT - just when I thought you had turned over a new leaf you go and do something like this.............................................. .........and totally redeem yourself!
    HEY!!! King Fish is back!! Missed you buddy! Quiet around here yesterday.

Not bashing Ranger at all...but this is what I'm honestly hearing right now. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Like I said Ranger makes a fine tin so if you plan to keep yours this isn't a problem...

BUT if you're one of the guys who plans to sell...you might think about selling now before the bottom falls out.

Hope that didn't come off as bashing...not my intention at all.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-01-2018 at 09:57 AM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Children will remain childish.

18. Banned
    There you go again...self projecting.

Poor little fella...did I really bruise your fragile little ego this badly??

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    HEY!!! King Fish is back!! Missed you buddy! Quiet around here yesterday.

Not bashing Ranger at all...but this is what I'm honestly hearing right now. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Like I said Ranger makes a fine tin so if you plan to keep yours this isn't a problem...

BUT if you're one of the guys who plans to sell...you might think about selling now before the bottom falls out.

Hope that didn't come off as bashing...not my intention at all.
    I keep my stuff long term, so hopefully the RT will serve me well -> 10 years, 10+... I drove my Tracker PT175 for 10 years and it was a wonderful boat...
    Alright, got go put the snow plow back on, supposed to get 1-3" tonight!

oy vey!!!!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

20. Banned
    geez

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast