RECARPET--HOW MUCH EXTRA

How much extra carpet should I order if re-doing my boat? I was assuming 3--4 lineal foot. Is that going to be enough? I will be making templates (two actually since I will be doing sheeted foam padding).
    So I was planning on cutting the foam first, using a kraft paper template. Making sure all the foam fits good before I trim it down.
    I was going to use the foam (plus an extra inch or so buffer all the way around) to soap/chalk line the carpet. Then trim the carpet once installed on the front deck. The lids should all be cut pretty much to size, plus an inch all the way around to wrap around the lids (~1/2 thickness). Is this correct?

I am only installing the carpet on the front deck. Everything else will be on the lids only. So I was hoping that would allow a pretty precise measurement/cut without having to have as much scrap.

So you’re not doing the floor and back deck piece?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    So you’re not doing the floor and back deck piece?
    No sir, Not in carpet

You SHOULD be able to get away with boat length +4'. Those deck piece voids crowd you in but without them and the middle piece, you'll get away with a lot less. Maybe even less than what I'm guessing but better safe than sorry as no one will ship and sell less than a 10' length section.

5. Member
    Depends on the boat. Champion, triton, piece of cake. Old skeeter POS. Templates? You're complicating it. You will need 3" on each side of the lid. so a lids that's 24"x 24" will require a piece of carpet 30"x 30".
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

6. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    I'd say 5 to 6 feet extra. You never know what might happen.