Banned

Hartland trailer tires?

Anyone have experience with these yet, seem to be new and built exclusively for Discount Tire. Of the three brands they carry have been told this is the best trailer tire. They stopped carrying carlisles for some reason but could order them, had carlisle before for 3 years without problems but I see lots of posts about carlisle problems.

2. Member
    I would ask Discount Tire where they are made. If they are made in China I would not put them on my trailer. I two ran Carlilse and had ruined fenders from blowouts two times. They also sale the US made Goodyear Endurance which I am in my second year of running. I believe you when they told you this is the "best" trailer tire because it is their brand and they will make the most money off of it in my opinion. Before I would buy them I would ask if there is a defect and you have trailer damage, will they cover it. Carlilse makes a crappy tire but in both cases, they warrantied their tires and assisted in the cost of replacing my fenders.

3. Member
    Single axle or tandem?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Anyone have experience with these yet, seem to be new and built exclusively for Discount Tire. Of the three brands they carry have been told this is the best trailer tire. They stopped carrying carlisles for some reason but could order them, had carlisle before for 3 years without problems but I see lots of posts about carlisle problems.
    Buy American when there is an option and a good one at that. Do you think those Chinese pay into our SS system, schools etc. Hell no.

5. Member
    just put 2 on my single axle trailer yesterday. $200.00 out the door lifetime balance and road hazard.. Discount tire. They are a mid grade tire according to salesman!!