Banned

Good location for mega SI transducer... (Picture) rookie at SI

Does this look good for SI transducer location. I am refering to location of it compared to where my dash hook 4 transducer is. Will that interfere with side imaging, or is the SI transducer low enough?
    I plan on using SI unit for idle/slow speeds for searching/graphing, not at high speeds. I have it a “hair”above pad line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 03-27-2018 at 07:34 PM.

2. Member
    I am in a similar position with my 1997 ranger r82
    want to install new mega si transducer on transom because I do not have jackplate
    i am 16 inches right of prop and the shelf just below transom is the exact size of the transducer mounting bracket
    doesnt allow for any slide up only doe which would hang below what feels like a safe place
    realize in pad it will be out of water and I will use thru Hull transducer with y cable for high speed run
    want to both put in safe place and get best scan with priority in best scan

dis you land up getting any help from Doug V he is great ? Did you mount yours yet?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjsindelar@gmail.com View Post
    I am in a similar position with my 1997 ranger r82
    want to install new mega si transducer on transom because I do not have jackplate
    i am 16 inches right of prop and the shelf just below transom is the exact size of the transducer mounting bracket
    doesnt allow for any slide up only doe which would hang below what feels like a safe place
    realize in pad it will be out of water and I will use thru Hull transducer with y cable for high speed run
    want to both put in safe place and get best scan with priority in best scan

dis you land up getting any help from Doug V he is great ? Did you mount yours yet?
    temporary mounted. I just used center screw. I'm taking it out this weekend and see what happens. I may raise the SI transducer a little more since it won't be used for higher speeds, but then I may have to move other transducer to the right, and up a little to keep it out of way.

4. Member
    I like that step did it come with the boat or did you add it.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    I like that step did it come with the boat or did you add it.
    That's a Polar Kraft exclusive! They do that on all their boats. They also put a battery gauge up front on bow for battery condition of the TM batteries. They do little things that other manufacturers don't.