Thread: Lithium Pros?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    I was told they don't like extreme cold now I don't call 32 extreme but where my boat sits it can get to -20 for days so I take them out. plus they are like carrying a couple empty shoe boxes so why not. Damn its still snowing here!

we fish in the winter down here ..or I do .. lol

3. Member
    I asked that question when i bought my litium pros. Was told they would be fine.. ive kept them in an unheated attached garage for the last 2 winters and theyre still going strong as ever..weve had temps in the neg teens here. My garage doesnt get down much below 20..

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I fish all winter long as long as it's not frozen. I've not had one issue with my Battle Born's.

5. Member
    I'm in the market and plan to purchase lithium's in the next two weeks. I'm still undecided as to what company I will be using, but I really like the idea of 50 or 60 ah batteries on my trolling motor. I just don't want to under do it and regret it since it is such a large investment. I fish the Mississippi river most of the time and we have a lot of current. I currently run group 27 agm's since I don't have room for 31's with my power pole pumps. From the things I've read, it seems as if 50's would be equivalent at the minimum. I was leaning toward Battle Born but the lack of a cranking battery probably is going to kill that plan. Relion was second in my list and now I see that you cannot buy them direct anymore. I hope I can figure out which company I want to use in the next week.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I fish year round on Kentucky Lake as well....No issues from my Lithium Pros.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    I'm in the market and plan to purchase lithium's in the next two weeks. I'm still undecided as to what company I will be using, but I really like the idea of 50 or 60 ah batteries on my trolling motor. I just don't want to under do it and regret it since it is such a large investment. I fish the Mississippi river most of the time and we have a lot of current. I currently run group 27 agm's since I don't have room for 31's with my power pole pumps. From the things I've read, it seems as if 50's would be equivalent at the minimum. I was leaning toward Battle Born but the lack of a cranking battery probably is going to kill that plan. Relion was second in my list and now I see that you cannot buy them direct anymore. I hope I can figure out which company I want to use in the next week.
    The Lithium Pro's and I'm sure Battle Born's etc. as well are about the same size as a group 27. If I were going with 1 lithium I'd go with a 40 AH probably or a 50. I have 2 of the 40's and it is probably overkill as I have them in parallel. I did keep a lead acid for cranking as I needed the ballast on the passenger side. Otherwise I would just as soon have lithium power on that circuit as well. I did a lot of reading and research and it is crazy confusing at first. Boiled down to a combination of price, warranty, and availability for me when I chose Lithium Pros.

8. Member
    As far as cold hurting the batteries, I think they are safe. With lithium ion batteries like I use in my flashlights, some people store them in their refrigerators. Also though while researching these if you do, take note that they also live longer if not stored with a full charge.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    1999 Allison w/01 200 Pro Max
    2000 Dodge w/Cummins

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    The Lithium Pro's and I'm sure Battle Born's etc. as well are about the same size as a group 27. If I were going with 1 lithium I'd go with a 40 AH probably or a 50. I have 2 of the 40's and it is probably overkill as I have them in parallel. I did keep a lead acid for cranking as I needed the ballast on the passenger side. Otherwise I would just as soon have lithium power on that circuit as well. I did a lot of reading and research and it is crazy confusing at first. Boiled down to a combination of price, warranty, and availability for me when I chose Lithium Pros.
    Lithium Pros are a group 31
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

10. BBC SPONSOR
    I am now a Battle Born Dealer
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I am now a Battle Born Dealer
    Nice!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Nice!
    AND Relion
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

13. Member
    Lol

14. Member
    Hey guys, just in case you read my message on the group size of the Lithium Pros and saw where I said they were about the size of a 27.....I'm getting old and they looked smaller....and....and... they are so light I didn't want to give them too much credit for size. LOL. Powell corrected me and earned his keep for another day on the board. Ha!

15. Member

I LOVE my Lithium Pros! Tim are you a dealer for Lithium Pros also?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by traybird View Post
    He is...

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by traybird View Post
    Yes sir, I am a dealer for Lithium Pros, Relion and Battleborn lithiums
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

So, I am most likely just like every other person here that when I get something on my mind I think it out in ever possible way. With that said, I have come up with more reasons why 50ah will be enough. My current batteries are 105ah Duracell AGM's. I have never seen my charger show less that 65% charge left when I put them on charge. So that means I only used 38% of that batteries ah's. That's after a day of fishing in heavy tidal current and around 70% to 75% of life left in the battery is what I normally see once I put them on charge. They claim that after 3000 cycles, which I assume means charges. You will still have 80% of the batteries useable life left. That means the battery will become a 40ah battery. That's my thinking on the subject and make sense to me with my backwards thinking. Sound about right to y'all?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So, I am most likely just like every other person here that when I get something on my mind I think it out in ever possible way. With that said, I have come up with more reasons why 50ah will be enough. My current batteries are 105ah Duracell AGM's. I have never seen my charger show less that 65% charge left when I put them on charge. So that means I only used 38% of that batteries ah's. That's after a day of fishing in heavy tidal current and around 70% to 75% of life left in the battery is what I normally see once I put them on charge. They claim that after 3000 cycles, which I assume means charges. You will still have 80% of the batteries useable life left. That means the battery will become a 40ah battery. That's my thinking on the subject and make sense to me with my backwards thinking. Sound about right to y'all?
    Yes.. we all think about things too much... your logic looks good....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast