Thread: Lithium Pros?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    At lower speeds however you wont "pull" as much as on high. The cutrent rating trooling motors advertise is max current. Chances are even on speed 10 you are not pulling the max rated amps. Best way to tell is with a clamp on amp probe to see if you ever wanted to know. I probably could have got away using 50ah batteries. I just went ahead and went with the 100ah. Like I stated above I've went days between charging them. Not that I really need more than 12hrs of trolling time in one day. I just purposely went without charging them just to see how long they would last. I've logged 18hrs of fishing on a river system that spanned over a 3 day period without charging my batteries without any issues or lack of power at all.
    Yep, that's correct. I think on 1 where I mostly fish it pulls like 8amps. I can fish a LONG time like that.

2. Member
    Are these all connected to Stealth 1's as well?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    My 100ah batteries are not connected to a stealth. I charge them with a Minn kota 460 pc set on the AGM setting. I recomend a programmed charger with Battle Born's charging profile, but the 460pc set on AGM is an acceptable charger for our batteries.

4. Member
    Nope. No stealth or anything that charges while I run big motor. I even fish the same canal for 8 straight hours one day. NO issues.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I've been running the M3130-36CK for 2 years now. Even running an Ultrex I can't kill them. About 2 weeks ago I fished from daylight to dark from Saturday to Wednesday on Guntersville in the wind and didn't plug them in until the night before the tournament.

I run the 2 battery kit because I fish for smallmouth in the Current.

Did I mention that I am a Lithium Pro dealer?
    Does these batteries fit in the front battery compartment on the Bassport Pro?

At lower speeds however you wont "pull" as much as on high. The cutrent rating trooling motors advertise is max current. Chances are even on speed 10 you are not pulling the max rated amps. Best way to tell is with a clamp on amp probe to see if you ever wanted to know. I probably could have got away using 50ah batteries. I just went ahead and went with the 100ah. Like I stated above I've went days between charging them. Not that I really need more than 12hrs of trolling time in one day. I just purposely went without charging them just to see how long they would last. I've logged 18hrs of fishing on a river system that spanned over a 3 day period without charging my batteries without any issues or lack of power at all.
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking and the hands on experience I was looking for.

Another good educational thread on BBC.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Does these batteries fit in the front battery compartment on the Bassport Pro?
    I have 2 of the 40 AH Lithium Pro's in my front battery compartment. They are about the same size as a group 27.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking and the hands on experience I was looking for.

Another good educational thread on BBC.
    No problem at all.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I have 2 of the 40 AH Lithium Pro's in my front battery compartment. They are about the same size as a group 27.
    Johnny... 80lb? Both 24v or both 12?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

10. Member
    See, this adds to the possibilities as well.

My boat does have the Stealth charger and I've considered going with 3 of the 12V 55ah lithiums. I would have already ordered them if my compressor hadn't locked up

On occasion I fish current behind a tailrace for long extended periods but my usual day includes moving from one place to another which would of course add some charge to the batteries with the stealth system.

Just doing some lazy boy math, if guys running 100ah batteries have fished for multiple days without pulling them down, then surely the 55ah would last a full long day
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Just doing some lazy boy math, if guys running 100ah batteries have fished for multiple days without pulling them down, then surely the 55ah would last a full long day
    Absolutely. The rule of thumb for Lithiums is that you can get away with half the amp hours because you can draw them down 100% without memory or damage. With AGMs you only want to pull down to 50% occasionally.

I run Grp 24 AGMs on my 36v setup with a Yandina Trollbridge to recharge on the run. I can go a three day weekend without plugging in and when I do plug in, all lights are green within an hour or two on my 30amp Powermania.

The vast majority of people could get away with the 50ah Lithiums under almost any circumstances even for multiple days especially if they have a way to recharge from the engine.

I actually really like the new brand I just saw that has a battery charge display built in to the battery. Since Lithiums like to sit around at 50% charge you could check them after a fishing day and only recharge when they get seriously low.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

I'm running 3 x 36 volt 30 ah lithium pro batteries in parallel. I'm also running a 12 volt 110 ah cranking battery...I don't use the onboard stealth charger that I bought from lithium pros but I do use the 12 volt and 36 volt lithium pro battery chargers when I'm at home. Love their batteries and the company is a pleasure to deal with!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    I'm running 3 x 36 volt 30 ah lithium pro batteries in parallel. I'm also running a 12 volt 110 ah cranking battery...I don't use the onboard stealth charger that I bought from lithium pros but I do use the 12 volt and 36 volt lithium pro battery chargers when I'm at home. Love their batteries and the company is a pleasure to deal with!
    Are you running a 3l merc and do you have any trouble cranking your motor in cold weather? I bought a relion 100ah for cranking but it doesnt do well under 40 deg..theve given me a couole of things to try but havent had the chance lately between cold weather and work..

14. Member
    Sent a message to the folks at Nuked Products and they aren't real quick to return the message. Also, warranty is only 12 months vs Lith pros at 5 years. Don't know if that worth the difference in price but something to think about.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by goingtritonfishing View Post
    Sent a message to the folks at Nuked Products and they aren't real quick to return the message. Also, warranty is only 12 months vs Lith pros at 5 years. Don't know if that worth the difference in price but something to think about.
    Battle Born also has a 5 yr warranty. 3 yr free replacement and years 4 and 5 prorated.

Battle Born also has a 5 yr warranty. 3 yr free replacement and years 4 and 5 prorated.
    Buck,

Can they be charged with the same Dual Pro Sportsman I now charge my AGM's with?

LOVE my Lithium pros batteries!!!

18. Member
    I can't speak specifically about Lithium Pro's but I am running 3 GreenLife Lithium batteries size 12V 50AH which are about 15lbs each instead of the 3 group 31 AGM batteries which I ran in my last boat at about 70lbs each.

To help determine the size battery I needed for a MinnKota Fortrex 36Volt TM I did the calculations based on my normal fishing style. Per the specs on the MinnKota Fortrex, it draws 52amps at Max. I typically run my motor between 10% and 30% max speed most of the time which am guessing would make my amp draw between 5.2 and 15.4. On an 8hr day that would put my amp usages at 8hr x 5.2amps = 41.6 amp hours to 8hr x 15.4 = 124. Based on this I figured the 50 AH batteries would meet the minimum requirements for a day wihen I only needed to run the TM at 10% power and was starting with a fully charged system. I did not think it would be enough if I am running at 30% most of the day or dealing with non-ideal conditions. I took a gamble and ordered the 50AH batteries anyway and am completely blown away by the results. My first trip out was at Guntersville in a 15mph wind and I fished the edge of the channel all day with trolling motor on 30% to 50% almost the entire time. I could never do that before. My 2nd trip was at Nickajack and I fished the current below the dam when the water was at 70,000 CFS. My trolling motor has never been able to last more than about 4 hours in the current below Nickajack and I usually have to move into the current breaks and fish out. This time I was able to stay in the current all day long and I ran the TM on 40% to 70% most of the day. I have only had the batteries about a month, but I have been out about 10 times with it and it has lasted all day with no problem and no loss of power. My experience with them has been awesome and the real world numbers were so much different from the theoretical numbers for me. I am glad I went with the 50AH instead of 75AH or 100AH.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Buck,

Can they be charged with the same Dual Pro Sportsman I now charge my AGM's with?
    Yes sir they sure can. The sportsman and the professional series can be used to charge Battle Born's. I've talked to Dual Pro on this very subject in the past. They recomend to send your sportsman to them and they can load the Battle Born charging profile into your current charger.

Yes sir they sure can. The sportsman and the professional series can be used to charge Battle Born's. I've talked to Dual Pro on this very subject in the past. They recomend to send your sportsman to them and they can load the Battle Born charging profile into your current charger.
    By hearing all the talk on this thread I think I would be fine with 2 of the 50ah batteries wired at 24 volts. Being that they can be discharged 100% is what I think makes it possible. My 31 series AGMs have never been discharged more than 60% and they are coming up on 2 years old. I need a new troller first. I gotta have that spot lock for fishing shell bars on the St.Johns river here in north Fl. But, after that I am gonna be going Lithium. I think the 2 of them would fit in a single 31 series battery tray.I could certainly lose some weight. I run a 1994 XB 2003 with a Pro XS 3.0 liter 255 and Twin power poles. Both of which most will tell you is a no no on my boat...............lol So, if I can ditch 100 pounds I all for it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast