Thread: Lithium Pros?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lithium Pros?

Is it true it only takes one Lithium Pro 24 volt battery to replace and do the same thing as two 12 volt 31 series batteries for your trolling motor? The price is outrageous but, if true I could lose 105 pounds of trolling motor batteries.

https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/...n-battery-kit/

no, but im not a professional , if your tm can pull 55 amp at power 10 it will last just over an hour on power ten, but i hear you dont want to discharge them all the way. so 30 minutes?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    no, but im not a professional , if your tm can pull 55 amp at power 10 it will last just over an hour on power ten, but i hear you dont want to discharge them all the way. so 30 minutes?
    Two things.
    Who runs their TM on 10 for more than a couple of minutes at a time?
    And, Lithiums can be discharged 100% without damage.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Well then I guess I am an anomaly fishysam cuz I'm on my 6th season with my Lithium Pro M3160-24V on my 24V TM. And yes I used to have 2-12V group 31 AGM batteries powering my TM. Granted I don't tournament fish anymore and I'm not in heavy current but I do fish it hard on 8+ hour long days. I don't shy away form the wind either. I've used it on electric only lakes too. Never ran it dead
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

So most pro's who use lithium either run 2 36 volts parallel or three 12's in series, I understand you all want the upper echelon of performance and it will definitely move your boat just as good as any other batteries just not as long by its self.

6. Member
    I friend of mine (TB21) runs one lithium battery. We fish for days and only use the onboard scavenger for charging . We have not had any problems even on lake Erie.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I've been running the M3130-36CK for 2 years now. Even running an Ultrex I can't kill them. About 2 weeks ago I fished from daylight to dark from Saturday to Wednesday on Guntersville in the wind and didn't plug them in until the night before the tournament.

I run the 2 battery kit because I fish for smallmouth in the Current.

Did I mention that I am a Lithium Pro dealer?
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

So now you have your testimony, the grilling of me can stop

9. Member
    I recently purchased two 12V 50AH lithium batteries for my troller. It's a motorguide FW75. The amp draw of the motor is around 45amps. These batteries weigh 15lbs each. I just got back from a week of fishing on Toledo Bend. The batteries out performed my every need. Not one isssue with lack of power and batteries charged right up in 2-3hrs. If your amp draw is slightly over 50 it wouldn't be an issue cause who fishing on max speed all day and it just mean you wouldn't be at full speed cause all you'd be able to provide is whatever speed 50Amps will run the motor.

Lithium Pros

11. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Yes I’ve read where the pro’s will run 2-36 volt lithium’s to run their 36v tm’s simply because they can. If I was putting out nearly 50 grand a year to fish professionally I would too. They need piece of mind knowing each day they will have power to run a TM
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member
    I think you would be fine with One 60 ah battery.. i fished for several weeks with one 40 ah 36v battery in wind a current and never had a problem..
    Im running 2 now , fished guntersville the same week tim did and i dont think you can kill them..the nice thing is u never loose power and never have to adjust the speed.
    That said Im also running a lithium starter and having problems in the cold.

13. Member
    You need to check out "Nuked Products" lithium batteries. They are much cheaper than the Lithium Pro or Relion batteries and they do not require a special charging system like the other brands. I run them in my 721 Phoenix and my dad runs them in his XB21 Allison and they have been awesome!!
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

14. Member
    I know several people around here that run 24 volt 80 lb trust Fortrex and they kill 2 lead acid batteries in a day. Can you run one 24 volt lithium yeah people are doing it. I would not.

15. Member
    Nuked products. What does the 2 24v batteries weigh?
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

16. Member
    The Nuked Products batteries are interesting but they all appear to be out of stock according to their website.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

17. Member
    I have 2 of the 36 volt 40 AH Lithium Pros and they are a beast from what I have seen so far. I fished in the tailraces of Wilson a couple of weeks ago with all the flood gates open. I ran on high speed for hours and the trolling motor and batteries did not waver a bit. In all my other setups I would have been able to see a noticeable falloff of power in about an hour of the constant use on high speed. Time will tell but I am very glad I went with the Lithium Pros. Warranty was a consideration for me as well. I checked out Lithium Pros and the guys behind the product are real, sensible people who I believe will support me if I have any issues.

18. Member
    Are lithium batteries compatible with the onboard Stealth Charging System?
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Member
    For you guys that are interested in the Nuked Products Lithium Batteries, go to the "contact us" section of the website and send an email or fill out the form given. They show out of stock because the demand has been so high and they are trying to prevent getting a huge backorder list. These batteries are the real deal!
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    Are lithium batteries compatible with the onboard Stealth Charging System?
    Lithium pros are compatable

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast