Thread: Lithium Pros?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I am also thinking 50 AH .. was thinking 100 but I think 3 50 's will fit in the front of the XB21

2. BBC SPONSOR
    LithiumPros battery are compatible

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    I am also thinking 50 AH .. was thinking 100 but I think 3 50 's will fit in the front of the XB21

That should work great.

4. Member
    I run a lithium pro 12v and 36v. I have never killed either. I fish pretty much only tournaments, pre fished dark to dark often. Also for ppl worried about in the cold, I have run them to about -10 deg C with no issues.

6. Member
    Update on my cold weather problem.. my motor cables were run to a switch with all the other boat accessories. The ground was run to a post with the same..i removed the cables and ran them directly to the battery and the problem is gone .. started the boat sunday in upper 20 deg weather. No problem.. didnt even crank hard..

7. Member
    Any body aware of a bass boat with lithium batteries that have caught on fire due to the batteries? Make sure we are talking batteries not an improper charger.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    Any body aware of a bass boat with lithium batteries that have caught on fire due to the batteries? Make sure we are talking batteries not an improper charger.
    I am not.....Chris Lane comes to mind but I believe that was found to be a faulty charger.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    Can anyone confirm whether these are LTO (Lithium Titanate)? This is a type of Lithium Ion that has never been found to cause a fire. Its the same technology that are used in several of the new hybrid and electric vehicles.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    1999 Allison w/01 200 Pro Max
    2000 Dodge w/Cummins

I don't think they are LTO...I think they are LFP but I'd contact Lithium Pros to be sure.

LiFePO4

11. Member
    Lithium Iorn Phosphate is what it says in their FAQ section. AKA LFP
    Last edited by hooken203; 05-07-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Here is a cheap charger Battleborn suggested to use for the 24 volt 50ah battery. I called them today and talked to them about it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powermax-PM...-/272510374851

13. Member
    My boat goes fishing pretty every week. Doesn't matter how cold or hot, or if the wind is blowing. My nephew works a real job, loves to fish, so we go on his day or days off each week.
    I bought my 24 volt Lithium Pros in January of 2015 because the 24 volt Terrova electric trolling found Optima batteries, also Lead Acid (worked better than Optima) to not be enough... On the Columbia River, in wind and current, I have never found the end of my 24 volt Lithium Pros.
    The weight reduction improved the boat performance. Instead of having two 40 to 60 pound batteries back there, I have one 30 pound battery. I have ended up with it, in the back, behind my drivers seat.
    Most folks that go fishing with me weigh more than I do by as much or a lot more than 30 pounds.

14. Member
    I’ve been lingering around this thread since it started and this has been very educational. I am thinking about buying a mud boat to fish the local lakes and rivers in my area so weight is one of my top priorities when it comes to batteries. I plan on putting an 80# Ultrex trolling motor and using the spotlock feature in the river to keep me from drifting. I am really thinking about going the Lithium Pro route but I have a question. I’ve never run any fancy big screen fishfinders or electronics on my current boat so I wanted to know what the average amp draw is? I'm also thinking about putting a stereo in the boat as well with some decent speakers so I wanted to get everyone’s input on what capacity batteries I should get. I think the max time we would be out for the day would be 8-10 hours max. Thanks for all of the useful information so far!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567