Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some positivity ✔️

Figured I’d post up some pics for the hell of it. Maybe change the pace up around here.. I for one am looking forward to heading back up to the Bend this weekend!

Last edited by Josh3105; 03-27-2018 at 12:07 PM.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

Well I tried anyway lol.. dang pictures.

3. Legend Boats Moderator
    the negativity continues

I'll get it one of these days lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAssassin22 View Post
    the negativity continues

+

Don't feel bad, I cant post pictures either
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Use tinypic.com and and make sure you change the size to (message board) and copy and paste the link.

8. Legend Boats Moderator
    Spoke to my dealer yesterday about an issue with my trailer. He told me to be looking out today for a call from Pete. Sure enough Pete called me this morning and explained everything I needed and answered all my questions. Can’t get much better than that

9. Member
    Spoke to my dealer yesterday about an issue with my trailer. He told me to be looking out today for a call from Pete. Sure enough Pete called me this morning and explained everything I needed and answered all my questions. Can’t get much better than that
    So what was the issue, and what was the fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh3105 View Post
    Well I tried anyway lol.. dang pictures.
    The easiest way for me to post pictures is put them on my PC in a folder. Locate that file and right click on it and open with "paint". Once in paint click the "resize" button on the home tab and resize by 50%. Save the file and close. On BBC Quick Reply, click on Go Advance (bottom right) and attach/upload saved reduce file size. Then insert attachment..... I have no idea how to do it from a smart phone

PETE!

12. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SMChamp View Post
    So what was the issue, and what was the fix?
    Been having an issue with vibration when towing at interstate speeds. ~ 72+. Bad enough it would cause my whole truck to shake. I never experience it 90% of the time because I am never on the interstate unless I'm traveling to Lake Fork. Called EZ loader and they told me to balance the tires as they don't balance them at the factory. Balanced the tires and the issue may be a bit better but its still there. I called EZ loader back and they said that's the nature of the low profile tires and basically I would have to live with it. Talked to my dealer about it and he hadn't had a complaint about it but he would research it and get back to me. He did some research and told me to be expecting a call from Pete in the morning. Sure enough Pete called me yesterday morning and told me to check some bolts under the trailer (there are 4 of them and I do not remember what he called the specifically) and they needed to be tightened to 150 ft/lbs torque. He has seen cases where they were not torqued properly and would cause this issue. Next he said to take off the Legend ladder and try that. He said he has seen where the tall handle of the ladder will have a vibration due to the wind resistance and throw off the trailer harmonics. The newer illusion trailers from EZ loader are coming with additional bracing to combat this issue.

Been having an issue with vibration when towing at interstate speeds. ~ 72+. Bad enough it would cause my whole truck to shake. I never experience it 90% of the time because I am never on the interstate unless I'm traveling to Lake Fork. Called EZ loader and they told me to balance the tires as they don't balance them at the factory. Balanced the tires and the issue may be a bit better but its still there. I called EZ loader back and they said that's the nature of the low profile tires and basically I would have to live with it. Talked to my dealer about it and he hadn't had a complaint about it but he would research it and get back to me. He did some research and told me to be expecting a call from Pete in the morning. Sure enough Pete called me yesterday morning and told me to check some bolts under the trailer (there are 4 of them and I do not remember what he called the specifically) and they needed to be tightened to 150 ft/lbs torque. He has seen cases where they were not torqued properly and would cause this issue. Next he said to take off the Legend ladder and try that. He said he has seen where the tall handle of the ladder will have a vibration due to the wind resistance and throw off the trailer harmonics. The newer illusion trailers from EZ loader are coming with additional bracing to combat this issue.
    By chance are you towing with a 2017 Z71 1500 Silverado? My 2009 LTZ Silverado towed it fine. The new one gets vibration over 70+ MPH. Towing same boat...

14. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    By chance are you towing with a 2017 Z71 1500 Silverado? My 2009 LTZ Silverado towed it fine. The new one gets vibration over 70+ MPH. Towing same boat...
    No I'm towing with an F250. I even swapped vehicles to see if it could be the truck. Did you trailer level change any with the different trucks?

15. Member
    Can you be more specific re the 4 bolts you tightened

No I'm towing with an F250. I even swapped vehicles to see if it could be the truck. Did you trailer level change any with the different trucks?
    I got a new hitch receiver to level the trailer back to where it was with the 09 LTZ. The Z71 hitch was 2" taller than the LTZ

17. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Can you be more specific re the 4 bolts you tightened
    I don't remember exactly what he called them and I haven't been able to get under my trailer yet to look. He said they are 4 large head bolts ~1+ inches close to the hubs. They stand alone and should be very obvious

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    I got a new hitch receiver to level the trailer back to where it was with the 09 LTZ. The Z71 hitch was 2" taller than the LTZ
    Search Google for the mystery vibration that they get. It may be the issue. My 2500 feels crazy at 55 no matter what I do but it ain't worth another truck note yet lol

If you have a vibration from the trailer it’s tire related. You did the balance I see. Did they look for a bad tire? If a tire is seperating it can be hard to find in the beginning stages. In other words. When cold the tire may look fine but as it heats up it will start coming apart and cause a vibration. Loose bolts, ladders, etc in them selves won’t cause a vibration. The truck vibration touched on is a posiblity as well.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

20. Member
    Yea, could be a broken belt in the tire also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast