Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Took My Wife's new Honda Ridgeline out for it's Maiden towing voyage. It is a 2018 towing a Ranger Z-118 w/a bunch of crap in it. Towed like a dream to/fro but really paid off at both gas station and hand-wand carwash

*** Your Mileage May Vary ***

2. Member
    They are talking about the torsion bar bolts . all of the newer boats and most brands have gone to this style of trailer suspension system . It very important that they are torq to 150 lbs of torq . A long pipe Added to the torq wrench will be need to achieve this . Improper torq on the bolts will cause severe wheel alignment problems causing vibrations and exsive tire where . It caused by jumping over curbs or poor roads with large pot holes . Bolts get stretched then you loose there torq setting . If you have excessive tire where or a vibration check the bolts for 150 lbs of torq .

3. Legend Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    They are talking about the torsion bar bolts . all of the newer boats and most brands have gone to this style of trailer suspension system . It very important that they are torq to 150 lbs of torq . A long pipe Added to the torq wrench will be need to achieve this . Improper torq on the bolts will cause severe wheel alignment problems causing vibrations and exsive tire where . It caused by jumping over curbs or poor roads with large pot holes . Bolts get stretched then you loose there torq setting . If you have excessive tire where or a vibration check the bolts for 150 lbs of torq .
    That's it. That's what Pete called them.

4. Member
    150 lbs or torque........ I just put that one away in my vault of information sitting above my shoulders.

Thanks for sharing

5. Member
    It sounds like the same issue I had with my 15 trailer. It would wear the tires out on the inside and had a vibration that shook the fenders so bad the welds would break. EZ Loader took it and said they fixed it but when I got it back it was the same. Randy made a call and a couple of weeks later brought me a brand new trailer. I've had 2 others since then without any issues.

6. Member
    Sounds like the same issue basscat has on theirs or had. They said once it gets loose once it's pretty much done because the hole gets screwed up and needs to be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12