Thread: Fastest Bird

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Post those pics Joe!!
    Working on it!! LOL Been too busy at work.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
    Working on it!! LOL Been too busy at work.
    Work can ALWAYS wait.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
    Thanks for the sound answer, makes sense.
    Maybe an even dumber question, but what do the PVS holes actually accomplish?
    Loosens the prop blades at the hole shot so the engine can get up to rpm quicker, and so quicker hole shot. Too many open holes and the prop will cavatate, so the person has to experiament with plugs with different size holes in the plugs, and even some of the plugs would/could have no holes in the plugs. Lots of trail and error. What the holes actually do is let thru some exhaust which covers a little of the blades and hub and displaces the water in that area. Air will let the prop spin easier than water does.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Loosens the prop blades at the hole shot so the engine can get up to rpm quicker, and so quicker hole shot. Too many open holes and the prop will cavatate, so the person has to experiament with plugs with different size holes in the plugs, and even some of the plugs would/could have no holes in the plugs. Lots of trail and error. What the holes actually do is let thru some exhaust which covers a little of the blades and hub and displaces the water in that area. Air will let the prop spin easier than water does.
    Thank you Tom. Great explanation and makes perfect sense.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Work can ALWAYS wait.
    Fine Sir, you talked me into it . Updated the bringing her home -- wow thread.
    Last edited by caddyjoe77; 05-09-2018 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added emoticons

6. Member
    I hit 77.2 the other day in my 921 with ProXS but I only had about 25 gallons left when I did it. It was actually still climbing but I had traffic coming.....Dang I will miss the two strokes...
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    I hit 77.2 the other day in my 921 with ProXS but I only had about 25 gallons left when I did it. It was actually still climbing but I had traffic coming.....Dang I will miss the two strokes...
    What prop are you running on it?

8. Member
    Fury 25 pitch. MC worked on it. I had all my gear in it but only 1/2 tank. It runs like a scalded dog with a light load but only 71 ish loaded with fuel and 70 with both live wells full..... My other Fury 25, not worked by MC, will run a little faster loaded but few mph slower light load if that makes sense.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

9. Member
    Finally ran my fury 4 of my 721/sho. Holeshot was a touch better than the t2 but not by much. May be different with water in the wells. It had a ton of lift as expected but the boat felt squirrely once I put some trim in it. There was a big bass tourney today so there were boats running and gunning all day making it hard to get a top speed. Made it to 70 before I went on a short flight and gave up trying. I'll give it a try one more time but I'll probably be looking to trade it for a 26 bravo

10. Member
    I've got a 2003 TR-22 with a Mercury 250 XB that runs 80 with a single. And I ain't flashed nothing.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TackleJoe View Post
    I've got a 2003 TR-22 with a Mercury 250 XB that runs 80 with a single. And I ain't flashed nothing.
    Behind your truck doesn't count.

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TackleJoe View Post
    Those are fast hulls on those TR-22's. A buddy has a 2000 TR-22 with a 225 EFI that will hit 75.
    Your numbers are believable to me if conditions & load are right. You didn't say how much gas, gear, and air/water temps.
    Doubt those are every day numbers, But I believe you've done it more than once.

13. Member
    Those XBs are some runners too. I don't doubt an older triton running that motor can touch 80. A newer motor will pass by when he's out of gas though

14. Member
    That TR22 is a light boat by today’s standards so he should hit around 80. Also the Phoenix hosts are a lot wider up front.

15. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Those XBs are some runners too. I don't doubt an older triton running that motor can touch 80. A newer motor will pass by when he's out of gas though
    true!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    Pretty impressive.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

17. Member
    [QUOTE=20basstriton;9391416]Behind your truck doesn't count.[/QUOTE 80mph. No problem. Just ask anyone who has pulled up beside it.
    Or guys that know me.
    And No, I'm not talking chocked down with a tournament load, 2 people, 56 gallons of gas, etc. I didn't say that. But that is with me and what I normally fish with.
    You got a boat that will run 80 on it's own? Just making a true statement.
    Joe Varnell
    Greenville Marine.

18. Member
    Almost a 16 year old rig now too! Sorry to highjack ya'lls thread guys, just having fun. Proud that my rig can still run like it does. And only looks a couple years old too.
    P.S. We sell Phoenix's BTW.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456