Thread: Fastest Bird

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Can't tell yall how glad I am to see this. I have been wanting to run a 26.5 bravo 1 xs on my 920/SHO since I got it in june of 16 just never jumped at an opportunity to buy one. I have a buddy that runs one on an Erya/SHO combo in the 80s and figured that made it worth a shot. After seeing you guys discuss it as a viable option, I'll be on the lookout. I want a 26-27 bravo 1 bad but can't make myself buy one new just to test out haha. I consistently run 74-76 with both my T1 and my Txp with plugged vents. I actually prefer the TXP which is essentially an FXP since I have plugged the vent holes. I am not necessarily looking to go faster, I am just looking for the handling/holeshot of a 4 blade without it being slow.

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Talked to Marty at Rothwell Marine. He really did NOT recommend ant Bravo 1 XS in half pitches. He said most all have come back on him and that they never really got those right.
    So I was undecided about a 26p or 27p Bravo 1 XS. Marty recommended the 26p, but I will flash one day so I'm thinking a 27p. We ended up deciding on a 26p, and then I can have Mark up-pitch it to a 27p once I get flashed. Remember I have 921 with 10' blades, so I doubt I'll ever need a 28p Bravo, even after the flash.

The 26p Bravo 1 XS is on the way! I'll give a performance report after I get to run it a bit and dial her in. Still may have MarK B&B it as a 26 or maybe take it to a 26.5...time will tell.
    Thanks guys!
    The Bravo 1 XS has been here, still in box in case anyone wondered what's up. I just haven't been out to where I can run it yet. Last week's tourney was in my partners boat, this weekend is a TM only lake.
    After this weekend, if there is no rain to muck up the wonderful Ohio River, I will be running my 921/ sho with a, Croxton worked T1-25 -vs- stock 26p Bravo 1 XS.
    Hopefully, I can give some comparisons on same day, same water. Boat will be loaded, full gear, at least 3/4 gas.
    So, till then....

3. Member
    The Bravo 1 XS has been here, still in box in case anyone wondered what's up. I just haven't been out to where I can run it yet. Last week's tourney was in my partners boat, this weekend is a TM only lake.
    After this weekend, if there is no rain to muck up the wonderful Ohio River, I will be running my 921/ sho with a, Croxton worked T1-25 -vs- stock 26p Bravo 1 XS.
    Hopefully, I can give some comparisons on same day, same water. Boat will be loaded, full gear, at least 3/4 gas.
    So, till then....
    I'll be looking forward to hearing the results of this.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Heck no! I'm aiming for 90.
    Buy another brand!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Buy another brand!
    Cessna? lol
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Cessna? lol
    Allison for example lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

7. Member
    Fished a tourney last night...first time its really warmed up here at home....pretty sure I'm going to drop to a Bravo 27 for warm weather, run the 28 for cold..since it's gotten warm, couldn't pull the 28 to 6200...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Fished a tourney last night...first time its really warmed up here at home....pretty sure I'm going to drop to a Bravo 27 for warm weather, run the 28 for cold..since it's gotten warm, couldn't pull the 28 to 6200...
    Good to know. The 26p I got should do well then. Hope to run it soon.

Glad to see some others looking at the Bravo.

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Glad to see some others looking at the Bravo.
    That's a nice way of saying "I told ya so!" You've been saying it all along, I know, lol
    Still waiting to run mine. 1st bad water, now too many tournaments, too little time.

11. Member
    T1-26 Croxton..hit 79.9 but trying to drive one handed is still taking practice...
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Wow!

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    you need a gopro session and a head strap, was your RPMs just under 6200?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

14. Member
    Anyone here with a 721 and a ProXS try a Bravo 1XS in a 27 or 28 yet? I used to run a 28 Bravo on my Z8 Nitro with a ProXS and it pulled 5800 and ran 74+ all the time. Stupidly, I sold it before I got my 721 because I did not think it would work with the bird and it only had 4 PVS holes. I have tried a 27 that my friend had, but I could only get 73 out of it by myself @ 5900. I won't guarantee you that it had not hit something, though, because he always runs the river.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

15. Member
    Tempetures make a difference for sure...84 degrees yesterday when I made these runs..full fuel, on e person, tourney gear..

Just looked at video...rpm was 6027..so still had a little to go with the T1

The bravo XS 28 ran 80.3, rpm hit 6137..

Ive got a GoPro that I use to post last video...I left it at home..will carry back next really good day and run both props for top,end on video..

That's a nice way of saying "I told ya so!" You've been saying it all along, I know, lol
    Still waiting to run mine. 1st bad water, now too many tournaments, too little time.

Thats right.

Bravo is a great prop.

My numbers were with a stock Verado and a 921. No flash or anything. I know I would break 80 if I had the Verado flashed.

17. Member
    Definitely getting a bravo. Not sure exactly which one yet. What is the difference in the number of PVS holes??

Fury 3 blade on the verado now. Performance is good but I’ve never tried a 4 blade and I feel like the V can eat more.

Getting right at 6000 rpm at 67 before I run out of lake.

18. Member
    Bravo 1 FS and Bravo 1 XS...same prop expect....XS has 8 vent holes and comes in 1/2" sizes..

Quote Originally Posted by caddyjoe77 View Post
    Definitely getting a bravo. Not sure exactly which one yet. What is the difference in the number of PVS holes??

Fury 3 blade on the verado now. Performance is good but I’ve never tried a 4 blade and I feel like the V can eat more.

Getting right at 6000 rpm at 67 before I run out of lake.
    Post those pics Joe!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Bravo 1 FS and Bravo 1 XS...same prop expect....XS has 8 vent holes and comes in 1/2" sizes..

Thanks for the sound answer, makes sense.
    Maybe an even dumber question, but what do the PVS holes actually accomplish?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast