Thread: Fastest Bird

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on the warranty. The other I guess someone that has a similar boat and gets beat by him speed wise could protest and then they could investigate your engine.
    Word is that even a Yamaha tech cannot tell it has been flashed if the limiter is left in place so...............how would they investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    He left the limiter in place so I believe the warranty is still valid so long as they can prove the problem wasn't cause from being flashed.
    As far as 250 hp tourneys, not legally, but who's going to check?
    Lie detectors are given here...if I had a SHO I’d flash it but come tourney time I’d plug my stock one in. So that means I’d buy a separate one to flash.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Banned
    ^^^Doesn't that require a trip to the dealer to allow the ECU computer to correctly identify and adjust all settings it controls if you re-flash it? I wouldn't think it would be as simple as a plug and play without making adjustments to the various sensors and other devices.

4. Member
    Buy a second ECU...about $1600...flash it..remove stock ECU..4 bolts, 3 plugs, install flashed ECU..swap them anytime you want..takes about 5 mins
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Curious as to where you got it flashed? Been thinking about it for a long time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Curious as to where you got it flashed? Been thinking about it for a long time.
    He used Hydro Tec

7. Banned
    So if the rev limiter is still functioning what good does it do to flash the ECU if you cannot use the extra rpms's. Will the low and mid range just spool up faster is all?

8. Member
    Go from spinning a T2-25 to limiter to spinning a 28 Bravo XS to limiter(overspun a Worked Fury 3 26, a stock T-26, a Razor 4 25, a Bravo XS 27)...flash and prop, pick up 3-4 mph(without Lithium Pro's)plus tons of out of hole and mid range punch..if I'd removed rev limiter, I could push this boat into mid to high 80's very easily...hitting 81.4 with a little more left in her...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Go from spinning a T2-25 to limiter to spinning a 28 Bravo XS to limiter(overspun a Worked Fury 3 26, a stock T-26, a Razor 4 25, a Bravo XS 27)...flash and prop, pick up 3-4 mph(without Lithium Pro's)plus tons of out of hole and mid range punch..if I'd removed rev limiter, I could push this boat into mid to high 80's very easily...hitting 81.4 with a little more left in her...
    At what rpm?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

10. Member
    Before flash - T2-25 6130 - would push into the high 6200's with one person. cool day..

All these were tested with 1/2 tank fuel, full fishing load, two people , then solo driver....they all pushed into the high 6200's with two people and into the 6300's with one person.....shut it down when it started pushing into the 6300's...most testing was done in 60's -70's temps...

After flash - T2-25 6300+
    T1-26 6300+
    Razor 4 25 6300+
    Fury 26(worked) 6300+
    Bravo XS 27 6300+ - this prop will be good choice in the hot summer time with full load and tow people - should stay around 6200 or under in the heat..
    Bravo XS 28 runs 6150 to 6200 rpm's - that being said you can see in the video that the rpm started jumping around pretty badly at 81.4 mph - we had the jackplate a little too high and the prop started surfacing on the rough water that day..

Rev limited was not raised on the flash...so each of these props were bumping or blowing past rev limiter. It's my understanding that the rev limiter will not shut anything down, just cause a slight hesitation...i've never noticed it..

Tom,

Flash that 225 to a 300 on that 919, and you'll have a rocket!!
    Last edited by falconpilot; 04-02-2018 at 12:15 PM.

11. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Out curiosity what lake are you making these runs at here in Arkansas?

12. Member
    A couple on Hamilton, but now that Degray is back to full pool, that's where we've made all the lastest runs..

13. Member

Tom,

Flash that 225 to a 300 on that 919, and you'll have a rocket!!
    Ya, but I don't have $1000 to do that. The motor doesn't even get to 5900 rpm now, and has trouble getting to 5800. If I sell the car I can try another prop in 24 pitch, the 25 isn't doing much better than the 26. Summer is coming and I can try again. The guy that is interested flew up here from San Diego Sat. to drive it, and he still have to think about it for a week as his friend said he'd sell the guy a project car. He and his wife both want my car, but maybe he'll cheapen out and get the more expensive car and fix it over the next 2 or 3 years instead of buying my done car. The guy lives in Va, and is concerned about shipping cost at about $2000.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

14. Member
    Run the SHO high on the plate....I wasn't getting rpms on my motor until I got the P2P height between 2 1/4 - 2"..it likes to be run high...when you get it there, you feel the boat lift and watch the rpm's jump..The stock Yamaha T2-25 would lift ok once you got the motor high enough..the stock T1-26 wouldn't lift at all! The Razor and Bravo's both lift and run great...

15. Member
    I've had the manual plate to about 1 1/2", max on the z thing plate and max on the motor to plate holes. 26 pitch yamaha t1 and 25 pitch t1. I'm tired of screwing with the bolts an 1/8th inch at a time. When it warms up I'll install the hydro plate. So far it seemed to run best at 2 9/16th inch. Best speed was 74.3, now it's a pain to get to 72.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

16. Member
    If you get a chance, grab a Razor 4 25 or Bravo XS 26 - I know that everyone runs either Furys or T1's or T2's on these boats, but the Razor 4 and Bravo is an overlooked prop on these boats. They lift great, the hole shoot it neck breaking strong, you can't blow them out, I can run on plane at 19mph with load, and they have given me the best speed of all them...

17. Member
    I've thought about the bravo, but i need to install the yamaha cable first to be sure the rpm are accurite. i have the cable, but been too cold to work on the boat. and sometimes the boat doesn't like staying on plane at 30 mph. with 26, but better with the 25. i don't know anything about the razor.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

18. Member
    Razor is a prop produced by Mark Croxton that is similar to the Bravo.

19. Member
    Oh, I thought he made the Bravo. Thanks.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

20. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    If you get a chance, grab a Razor 4 25 or Bravo XS 26 - I know that everyone runs either Furys or T1's or T2's on these boats, but the Razor 4 and Bravo is an overlooked prop on these boats. They lift great, the hole shoot it neck breaking strong, you can't blow them out, I can run on plane at 19mph with load, and they have given me the best speed of all them...
    I have a 2016, 921 / sho with 12" bobs hydro. Best speed is 74.9 with worked T1-25. If I went to a Bravo XS, what pitch would you recommend? Thx!
    Also tried 2" spacers, which gave me a slight speed boost of 1 - 1.5 mph, but she gets loose on me too easy so I took em off.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast