Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    IronBass and Howard,
    Here are some photos my nephew took of my old Atlas 8” jackplate. One is from the top looking down, one is from bottom looking up and one is from the top at an angle. He said the length is 4” and the piece that almost touches the sensor is 3” and width is 2”. You can see the magnet on the bottom view photo. Hopefully this will help.
    Good Luck

Attached Images Attached Images
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

If you know anybody that has one, that part looks like a good candidate for 3D printing!

3. Member
    I have the issue. The plastic "L" broke off of mine as well. T&H sent me a replacement that looks like a banana and obviously doesn't work. How did you guys end up getting around this?

4. Member
    I have made the modification so the "banana" bracket will replace the "L" bracket. This is for the owners of the old TH Marine Hyrdro Jacker with the old TH Marine Digital Gauge Kit. If you read this thread, you can see the "L" bracket is discontinued but the NEW "banana" bracket from the TH Marine ATLAS Gauge will work. It just needs to be worked and placed under the location it was before instead of on top.

Before I get started, I really want to thank JJOLLY for sending me the "banana" bracket.

Picture # 1 is the new "banana" bracket from TH Marine for the Atlas gauge.

Picture #2 shows why it was thought the "banana" bracket would not work, the little brace on the inside of the bracket as seen in photo one does not allow the bracket to sit over the top like the old "L" bracket and with the "banana" on top it is two short to do its job. So I thought of an easy solution, Put the new L bracket under and it worked great. This is when you will have to do the modification, the only mod that needs to be done is to drill new holes because the slots do not line up.

Picture #3 Shows the bracket clamp into position. First I carefully held it in place with my hand and had my daughter run the jack plate up and down. Then I clamp it in place and just moved it up and down a little bit to make sure it was in place. I then took a very small drill bit and made to marks were I wanted the bolts to be.

Picture #4 I then took the bracket out and drilled.

Picture #5 Is the new "banana" bracket in place of the old "L" bracket. I bought longer bolts and ran them up in the treaded holes, tightened then ran a lock washer and nuts down. Sorry, I did not note the size of the bolts.

Seems to work good, I might have the "banana" bracket a little to close. I have a strong 1/16 but cannot remember if my old "L" bracket had a bigger gap.

NOTE: BE SURE TO PLACE MAGNET ALONG THE SENSOR, SENSOR IS INCASED IN PLASTIC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IronBass; 04-22-2018 at 03:12 PM.

5. Member
    IronBass - Two people told me they would send me another L-bracket for my 2010 T-H Marine 8" jack plate. One was through a PM from someone at T-H Marine to me about a month and a half ago. That one never arrived. I also called them about 2 months ago and they said they would send me one. That one never arrived.

Howard Harris

Howard Harris
    Phoenix, Arizona 85048
    2019 20'9" Ranger Z520C
    250 Mercury V8 Pro XS Four-Stroke/Serial #:2B644590
    Minn Kota Ultrex 36V 112LB 45"
    LiveScope LVS34 Plus & Garmin 102SV (Bow)
    LiveScanner Motorized Pole/RyTek Marine Bracket/Garmin LVS34 Plus Xducer)
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live (Driver's Console)
    Precision Sonar Plates, Brackets, and Gimbals
    23P Mercury Fury-3 Blade
    Email: azhohar@centurylink.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12