1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

2. Member
    Needs to happen, fishing has been way too good lately.
    Better to make it pretty for pontoons and deck boats.

3. Member
    Great. There goes the great fishing and improved water clarity. The government claims the chemicals are safe. You can swim and fish in the lake. Did they say the same about Agent Orange. Seriously, not trying to be funny. I would not want to be under the spray plane or down wind of it. Not to mention potential damage to boat surfaces. Just look what off or cutter inspect repellent does to the surface of your boat or fish finders Etc

5. Member

These guys are so incompetent....

They cant even use a picture in their bogus article that shows any grass. It's a fricken clown show but the sad part is its not funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Banned
    So is this procedure going to make Harris the Flipping lake of old?
    I much more prefer to fish open water Hydrilla.

7. Member
    No matter how it is weasel worded, it's putting poison in the water.

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Every time you hear about a Florida bass fishing lake/chain getting hot, it's not 3 months before the FWC has "plan" to fix it..

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Every time you hear about a Florida bass fishing lake/chain getting hot, it's not 3 months before the FWC has "plan" to fix it..
    LOL very cute remark, but true!! "plan to fix it"

Read the article and attack these guys on twitter.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post

Whats even worse is anglers are allowing them to do it. Nothing will get done to change it because no body has the guts to actually expose the politicians and companies that are doing it. Our governor does not care, all he has been focused on the last few years is getting elected to the senate. I have personally spoken to senior FWC guys in Tally and it's pretty obvious after those conversations that the decisions on this issue are coming from or at very least being influenced by the elected officials instead of scientifically based research and understanding. Until there is some follow through with litigation, informing the media and the public nothing is going to change. There is even a Facebook group that I had high hopes for, I spent the time and did the research and posted it in the group of who was getting the payouts from what companies in the the form of campaign contributions, I have asked several times when some fund raising events were going to start so the fight could go to the next level but nothing. The only solution I have found is go get a saltwater boat because people care about the saltwater way more and if they do things to screw it up there will be hell to pay at a federal level.

13. Member
    Been there done that for years, they are not going to change their ways listening to a bunch of redneck fishermen, way to much money involved in that rice bowl. The only thing that would hold them accountable is to have independent biologists (not the bought and paid for ones they use now) sample the lakes that keep getting nuked over and over, and have the media make them answer to the obvious results. I have talked with many from the FWC and they all give you the same polished canned answers, "yes we carefully study the lakes and only spray the evasive vegetation" Well I have personally seen them nuke my section of the St Johns to where they have now killed off all the eel-grass and have decimated the only thing left in the bulrush, Poinsett and Winder used to be a great fishery, but now its a barren wasteland of muck. Here is a vid I shot at Lake Winder, a few weeks before I whacked some nice fish right there, it was basically the only vegetation left that had some water and was loaded with beds. The following week I went back down to find the army of spray boats nuking that whole west side of the lake. This video is the results weeks later. Haven't caught fish there since.

14. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Big bucks being made and spent right here.. It's too late now, only way to stop it is to (find out who to vote out and) vote them out..

Courtesy of Richard Yarbrough facebook video/photos.
    https://www.facebook.com/richard.yar...2139203153532/

Last edited by Mickstix; 03-29-2018 at 03:46 PM.

This info is right from the Florida Campaign Finance Database. Notice the payment amounts increased with Putnam's running for gov. and looks like the guy wanting to take his spot already has his hand out. Putnam, Adam (REP)(GOV) 02/06/2018 1,000.00 CHE APPLIED AQUATIC MANAGEMENT INC.
    Putnam, Adam (REP)(GOV) 08/31/2017 1,000.00 CHE APPLIED AQUATIC MANAGEMENT INC.
    Troutman, Baxter Griffin (REP)(AGR) 01/31/2018 500.00 CHE APPLIED AQUATIC MANAGEMENT INC.
    Putnam, Adam H. (REP)(AGR) 09/30/2009 500.00 CHE APPLIED AQUATIC MANAGEMENT
    Putnam, Adam H. (REP)(AGR) 09/08/2010 500.00 CHE APPLIED AQUATIC MANAGEMENT

16. Member
    Got to love politics..... NOT