Bluewater/Trailer install question

Should I attach the lights to the underside (facing down) or on inside of channel (facing in)?

2. Member
    I did mine facing down. Looks good to illuminate the ground.

If you want to shine up the boat you could face it inward.

Also with facing inward might be more prone to getting a ticket, as a LEO might consider it distracting as it could shine outwards towards other vehicles. Facing down eliminates that.

I prefer to shine em down...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmackaravitz View Post
    I did mine facing down. Looks good to illuminate the ground.

If you want to shine up the boat you could face it inward.

Also with facing inward might be more prone to getting a ticket, as a LEO might consider it distracting as it could shine outwards towards other vehicles. Facing down eliminates that.
    Since I bought the ultimate kit in blue I don't plan on ever leaving them on while towing. I don't like drawing attention to myself.

I went with down as it actually helps to illuminate around the tires and I can see my tires better while towing. I went with amber in color to hopefully avoid any issues with law enforcement. I also have the switch to turn them on/off in case I come across an officer that doesn't like them on...I can act like I forgot to switch them off and turn them off for him/her.

6. Member
    I put mine on the inside of the channel. Lights up the entire area.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!