1996 Champion 181 - Trolling Motor Plug Mount

Looking for some advise on where to find mount housing for the trolling motor plug in. I'm planning to make a aluminum piece to replace the plate, but that recessed mounting bracket will be much harder to duplicate. Does anyone have suggestions?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    No and if you find somewhere let me know. Mine looks about like yours. I used washers behind it to make it usable again. I guess there is no real reason that it has to be recessed as the plug sticks out when it is plugged in. Probably could get a thin piece of metal and fabricate a flat one to replace it easy enough.

3. Member
    I gave up trying to find one for mine. I plan on getting a piece of carbon fiber to cover the opening and cutting the holes I need.
    Arnold Custom Cabinets
    214-931-8647

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Cranker View Post
    I gave up trying to find one for mine. I plan on getting a piece of carbon fiber to cover the opening and cutting the holes I need.
    You have a cnc machine? If you cut a few of them out I bet you could sell a few on here. I wish that I still had mine.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo30 View Post
    You have a cnc machine? If you cut a few of them out I bet you could sell a few on here. I wish that I still had mine.
    I don't, but I could batch them out easily.
    Arnold Custom Cabinets
    214-931-8647

6. Member
    I had a nice fella send me one a few years ago.mine was in the same shape. Seamed like there was a guy making stiff like this as a sponsor but I can't remember name.

I'm wondering if a piece like that could be successfully duplicated with a 3D printer ?
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

8. Member
    The plastic plate where the plug fits in on mine is severely cracked and the plug keeps
    getting loose because of it. Can’t get a tight fit. Anyone know where to find the full mounting plate in its entirety so i can just pop my plug in the new plate?