Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I would have put one on my Ranger Z118 if there was a dealer in the area. I ended up with the Yamaha F150. Before settling on the motor I had some service mechanics from different shops tell me that Yamaha F150 or the Honda 150 hp would be what they would choose for their boats. Said neither engine see any shop time except for routine maintenance. In fact one of the mechanics who was certified and worked at a Honda dealership for years said his shop never had a 150 back for any repairs. I also think they are a good looking motor as well.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Anyone that thinks that "they all blow up, including 4-stroke Honda's and Suzuki's" is right, but the Honda and Suzuki will run an extra few thousand hours before it happens.
    The blowing up can be speed up by lack of general maintenance. Like not changing or checking the oil or lower unit lube, or running bad/old gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    The blowing up can be speed up by lack of general maintenance. Like not changing or checking the oil or lower unit lube, or running bad/old gas.
    true that, same goes for 2 strokes, a lot of guys run cheap oil and cheap gas to save money that ends up costing them in the long run.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    250 on my 27 ft tritoon the hole shot will flat set you back and mid range along with top end is very impressive .There was only one motor I wanted on a toon when we were shopping and it was a Honda .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    They are quality motors...No question...Honda is a great company as well. It would be nice to see them develop a more performance focused motor for bass boat applications.
    Don't know why they won't do that. They would TAKE OVER the market if they would because everyone knows how reliable they are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12