How much carpet do I need

Hello folks. Well I've put it off for too long now and I really need to replace my carpet. I have a '99 single console 201 with deck extension. How much carpet will I need for topside. Obviously rod lockers and storage areas are still good. Thanks for any insight.
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

2. Member
    Just had my dual console re-carpeted this winter and a 25' piece did not cover it. The people that did mine charges me for an additional 10 foot to complete the boat without doing any of the compartments.

Hope this helps.
    Mike Pendleton

2002 Cobra 201/Mercury 225EFI

3. Member
    Make sure you get enough to keep the carpet "grain" running in the same direction. Ive seen where people treat it like a puzzle to cover lids turning the carpet to fit left over pieces and it looks bad for the effort needed to complete such a project.

I did the carpet on my gambler 2100 and I got 30 feet and had extra but extra is good just in case you mess up. Make sure to flip the carpet over and make arrows. So you keep the carpet going in the same direction.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTFSHN View Post
    Make sure you get enough to keep the carpet "grain" running in the same direction. Ive seen where people treat it like a puzzle to cover lids turning the carpet to fit left over pieces and it looks bad for the effort needed to complete such a project.
    Yup! Get 20' for a 20' boat and it'll look like bubba's patched up overalls.

Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    Yup! Get 20' for a 20' boat and it'll look like bubba's patched up overalls.

Thanks guys! so I'm guessing 30ish ft to be safe. cheers!
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?