Question 2012 250 ho etec wont run right

Good morning guys, here is my problem i ran my boat last weekend and it ran great no problems. Yesterday i put oil and fuel it with gas before heading to the lake.. put the boat in to the water and i cranked and fired and died. tried cranking like 10 times before it would start. once i got ready to take off it ran fine for about a mile then all of a sudden starts loosing power and cutting out.. switch tanks and seem to run of for about 5 mins before shutting down again. if i backed of the throttle it would run as soon as i put my foot in it it would start cutting out again idled back to the trailer and pulled her home.. any ideas would to check and try. i just i know last year i had air in my oil tank and it caused my check engine light to come on and had to have the dealer fix that also had a few codes in the system stating i wasn't returning my hotfoot all the way to the idle position when starting. I called the boat shop but around here there still in winter hours and dont open till tomorrow.. Thanks for any help.
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Definitely sounds like a fuel delivery issue, but you could be chasing it for a while on your own. You could try a new hose and primer bulb, but best bet is probably checking it out with a dealer. Could be fuel pump or anywhere in the fuel system.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Banned
    Water in gas?

So they tell me that all my spark plugs were wore out and i have a air pocket in my oil pump.. they say its good to go. crazy motor doesn't have 200 hours on it yet.

So its doing what is did last time again will be taking it back tomorrow to get it looked at.

The valve that switches between tanks on the Ranger boats have been known to fail and cause those symptoms.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Spark plugs can cause a lot of deterioration in performance and rough starting, but rarely cause a motor to die once running. Air pocket in oil tank also seems out of left field. Danrude’s suggestion seems more likely to be on track.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    To rule out a fuel delivery issue ask the dealer to perform the fuel bubble test using the factory test equipment.

OK just left the dealer again, he should me the spark plugs diffidently fouled out he said he talk to a guy on evinrude tech line and that with the hours on my motor which only has 182 hr on a 2012 is low and that 65% of those hrs were idling, only 1% at 5500-to 6000 rpm, says i have a ton of carbon and that is causing my problem. told me he is going to decarbon my engine and wants me to run it hard this weekend. I guess we will see tomorrow when i go to pick it up.

10. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Yes sir, after a decarb you need to run her good and hard to blow it all out, Then change plugs, indexing them of course.

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Exceptionally fouled plugs will be do what you describe, although it is rare to see them so thoroughly fouled. I hope you are running full synthetic XD100 oil. If not, save yourself some grief and switch.

I always run xd100 oil. do they make a hotter spark plug for high altitude?

Does anyone have evinrudes phone number?

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It is in the sticky on the top of the forum under important info. Have your serial number ready.