Staying motivated?

Guys, I need some help. And maybe none of you can help me with this because I'm just lazy, as much as I hate to admit that. But I will do great for about two months, drop some pounds and headed in the right direction and then something will come up, my wife has some pretty bad health issues and she'll get sick where we don't eat like we usually do, or I'll just fall off the wagon for a weekend because I'm tired of eating the same old crap and just want something fried. And that one little slip will just kill any progress I've made and I'll balloon right back out to where I started. Long story short is am I just lazy and don't really care? Or do i just need to approach this differently?

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Right there with you my friend. I did really good since January until this last couple weeks. I took 7 days off work and fall of the wagon hard with eating and the gym. Its hard but I know without a shadow of a doubt im going to hit it hard again. Its a mental thing. Dont get discouraged. I want this more than anything and refuse to let anything get in my way.

If you hang a lure 25 feet up in a tree does it ruin your whole fishing life? No, just like having a day or meal isn’t going to kill all your progress. Allow yourself some cheat days, meals once in awhile. When I’m on my “diet” I still let myself have a goodie now and then. This past weekend was my sons birthday and I ate this heck out of some cake. But come Monday I was back in the gym and eating clean. If you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and get back on.

As far as saying your lazy, bull crap. The best piece of advice I was given was “stop being a p@##y”. When I get up at 4:30 am and really don’t want to go I know I will feel worse than the extra sleep I might get. You have to decide how bad you want to change and take the steps to make the change. Whatever it takes. If seeing pictures helps, have a pic on your phone that motivates you. Take a picture of yourself and decide that’s not what you want anymore. I keep track of the weight loss and if I stall out or feel like I’m not making the progress I want I can see how far I’ve come. I try to always look forward, not back. Good luck and you can do it, it’s all up to you.

5. Member
    I have hit a plateau. I know better than to give up..never give up. I know the reaso I’ve hit this range is because I celebrated the loss with a “cheat day” . That turned into a day every once in a while. I also know I’ve lived doing this for a couple years at a time before I went back to eating bad. It’s all up to you. Find a motivator. We have a grandchild coming. That’s mine. Approaching 58 I’d like to be around when the little booger starts driving, maybe even for a wedding?

6. Member
    My motivator is my wife, she dropped a bunch of weight and if she can do it so can I. Not to mention that she looks even more fantastic so I need to up my game to keep her happy and keep up with her.

Also my kids are my other motivator, last year I was thinking about how close I was to becoming a fatherless child when my Dad went through his bypasses/stents/heart attacks over the years and decided that I don't want to go through the stuff he did or submit my family to that emotional roller-coaster.

I try to run a few days a week. I like it or...I feel like it does me more good than lifting weights at the gym. Running sucks but I always feel better after I do it. I have clothes I can wear now and look good in. I'm determined to stay in shape.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw