Kicker KMC 10
    Kicker Speakers
    Minn Kota, Ultrex, Fortrex, or MotorGuide trollers
    SeaStar Power steering
    Rod Organizer - opposing box
    Propeller - 3 or 4 blade
    and.. every unthought of option you have

Ahh, we haven’t started yet...
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 03-28-2018 at 07:09 AM.

2. Member
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

3. Member
    I think Nitro is the only one that posts all boat prices. There might be others i am unaware of though.

4. Member
    NAP pricing would be nice and upgrade from there.

5. Member
    At some point in the past we seem to have forgotten there is a value to everything, not just a price. Our demand for price is why we have so many crappy products, made who knows where, by prisoners, slaves, kids, who knows. I've been in business for decades and for those old enough to remember the yellow pages is where advertising used to be. You had to be in the yellow pages. What I found was when I got a call from the yellow page ads, those people were calling everyone. Price hunting I guess. It did not matter much what the product was, quality of the product, advantages to a product etc. Just send me a quote. It is no wonder there are so many dissatisfied customers out there. I quit advertising in the yellow pages back then for that reason. I think the internet is basically the same. Its a little better as there is room to explain the product or service but still not like talking to a person. In a short conversation, a good salesperson can pickup on your product knowledge, your wants, your needs and budget or any other hot button you may have. Yes, some folks really know what they want. But the success of big box package boats, under powered, light on the TM and electronics etc show us there is a buying public that is uneducated. We have people call all the time telling me I can get this product online for a certain price. However, they want me to match the price, deliver it to their door, set it up, show them how to use it and bill them (and they pay in 45 days). No way to compete with get a cc# paid in full, put a sticker on the box and charge the customer for shipping. Oh, and if you have a problem, save the box because you have to ship it back. All retail is tough. At this point I want customers that appreciate value in a product. It is better for us to have a better product, warranty, and support and loose the customer that price is the most important factor. I have no issue for a quality company, selling quality products to expect to have a conversation with a possible customer. Most will do it by email unless there are questions they need to ask you about the purchase.

6. Member
    That's why you guys are the best at what you do let the customer pick what they want and how much they are willing to pay to their choice. "Great Job"

7. Member
    I emailed 6 boat dealers across the United States in the last week asking about pricing a boat. I gave thenm specifics I was wanting option wise and not a single one answered me with more than give us a call and we can schedule a time to have you come in and sit down. Really. One the dealers was 25 hours from me. No way in heck is ever do that just to get a stinking price.

MSRP will solve some of this, though it also will end some looking at new boats because of the wish list cost. It won’t pass the kitchen table at MSRP on some conversations.

9. Member
    Excellent post Dogfish!

10. Member
    Trying to prevent a sticker Stroke!

11. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Excellent post Dogfish!
    +1
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

12. Member
    I emailed my closest dealer "century marine" to get a price on a pantera classic with a 200SHO, single 12ft talon, ultrex 80, helix 10di gps up front, helix 10si GPS console standard trailer, hydro jackplate. Not totally optioned out but has the stuff that's important to me. priced me just under 48,000 plus shipping. Which seemed pretty fair to me considering the options I asked for. did quote me at about 16 weeks for delivery on a custom boat.

13. Member
    A base price for the hull would be helpful. No motor or accessories.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    At some point in the past we seem to have forgotten there is a value to everything, not just a price. Our demand for price is why we have so many crappy products, made who knows where, by prisoners, slaves, kids, who knows. I've been in business for decades and for those old enough to remember the yellow pages is where advertising used to be. You had to be in the yellow pages. What I found was when I got a call from the yellow page ads, those people were calling everyone. Price hunting I guess. It did not matter much what the product was, quality of the product, advantages to a product etc. Just send me a quote. It is no wonder there are so many dissatisfied customers out there. I quit advertising in the yellow pages back then for that reason. I think the internet is basically the same. Its a little better as there is room to explain the product or service but still not like talking to a person. In a short conversation, a good salesperson can pickup on your product knowledge, your wants, your needs and budget or any other hot button you may have. Yes, some folks really know what they want. But the success of big box package boats, under powered, light on the TM and electronics etc show us there is a buying public that is uneducated. We have people call all the time telling me I can get this product online for a certain price. However, they want me to match the price, deliver it to their door, set it up, show them how to use it and bill them (and they pay in 45 days). No way to compete with get a cc# paid in full, put a sticker on the box and charge the customer for shipping. Oh, and if you have a problem, save the box because you have to ship it back. All retail is tough. At this point I want customers that appreciate value in a product. It is better for us to have a better product, warranty, and support and loose the customer that price is the most important factor. I have no issue for a quality company, selling quality products to expect to have a conversation with a possible customer. Most will do it by email unless there are questions they need to ask you about the purchase.

Excellent post....

I learned several years ago that the service that comes with the sale is worth the extra cost to me personally. Several years ago I was on the hunt for 2 ATV's. I spent an entire weekend driving around the State to 5 different dealers looking for the lowest price.... At the end of the day, they were all within $300 of each other.. What a WASTE, of my time, gas and wear & tear on my truck!!! So I purchased the ATV's from a dealer that gave me a good "vibe" regarding service, I was not disappointed, and paid more.

When I ordered my boat this year I went to the dealer I purchased my last 2 boats from.....I never contacted another dealer. My boat dealer understood what I wanted and helped rig out my boat to perfection!! Did I pay more...?? I have no idea. I believe I got a fair deal for me and my dealer. What I do know for sure is that when I text or call my dealer.....things get done fast!!!!

Ahh.....how refreshing it is to have service before, during, and after the sale. The service is worth it to me......

M

15. Member
    Price for me is VERY important, but dealer service I put above that.
    When you can email your dealer 6000 miles away in Africa and let him know your having an issue with the boat, and will take care of it, its worth the extra coin!
    After this thread started, I got on the Skeeter site to see what they offer in the way of pricing. It basically throws the MSRP up right away and build from there.
    That MSRP final price means nothing if you were actually interested in buying. In the end, you will be at a dealer giving him the same information working out a deal.
    Pretty much the same way I buy a vehicle.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Scraps
    Contact with dealers is where you can gather the most info and not just about price. When I bought I had two dealers I was talking with. Comparable prices from both. One had good inventory but gave me the chill cuzz they didn't know the boats and demonstrated they didn't even know the prices of some of the options. I went with the other dealer. So these types of things you only get by talking with each dealer. It's a hassle, but five minutes on the phone can save you hours of research and pondering. Also, it is true that dealers rig and package boats much differently and even having prices doesn't mean you're comparing apples to apples. Also, you may get additional, unadvertised deals from the dealer that you wouldn't otherwise be privy to if not making contact via phone. Example, extended warranties.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

17. Member
    Agreed that generalized pricing would be extremely helpful. I'm trying to find a Sabre FTD; nearest dealer to me seems to be super proud of their boats b/c for both boats quoted easily over 44k+ and one was 53k. I was quoted a very similar boat in AR for 36k. Obviously there's a distance issue but I have no way of knowing if their markup is off the rails or around a NAP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12