Banned

Anybody hit LaSalle yet?

I was there last Sunday. beautiful day for LaSalle. unfortunately the fish didn't agree. I remember when opening weekend meant 100-200 fish. anyway, I caught two largemouths. that's it. not many people on the lake and only one guy caught a fish. I have fished this lake for more than 40 years and I think I'm done. lake just seems to get worse every year.

3. Banned
    Agree

4. Member
    I've been thinking about heading down there for a day.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    How about that 72# Blue the guy caught on shore last week. There is a picture in the Chicago sun times(outdoors-Dale Bowman) and a video of him struggling down the Rocks with the fish to release him.

6. Banned
    Would love to run into a cat that big. https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...-lasalle-lake/

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    I was there last Sunday. beautiful day for LaSalle. unfortunately the fish didn't agree. I remember when opening weekend meant 100-200 fish. anyway, I caught two largemouths. that's it. not many people on the lake and only one guy caught a fish. I have fished this lake for more than 40 years and I think I'm done. lake just seems to get worse every year.
    I haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. It's really fallen off that much?

yeah, I can't figure it out. the lake has gotten worse ever since they shut the plant down for two years for maintenance. the fish didn't just leave but I have no idea where they are. I used to catch 10 smallies for every lm. now it's rare to get a sm over 10 inches, if at all.

9. Member
    I live VERY close to LaSalle and I have quit going there. The lake has had some huge fish kills from a several bouts of really hot water. Yes even on the south side. I would guess from the hot summers we have had the last few years.
    Lots of small channel cats 6 to 10 inches can be caught on shad guts. Not for me !

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumblebum View Post
    I live VERY close to LaSalle and I have quit going there. The lake has had some huge fish kills from a several bouts of really hot water. Yes even on the south side. I would guess from the hot summers we have had the last few years.
    Lots of small channel cats 6 to 10 inches can be caught on shad guts. Not for me !
    Bingo...this is exactly what happened.