Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big Bass Tour on Dardanelle June 2-3 2018

Hello Gentlemen,

I am thinking about coming to Arkansas to fish the Big Bass Tournament on Dardanelle in June. Is this a clear lake ? How do you think the lake will be fishing in June ?

Thanks,

__________________________________________________ __________________

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Topwater, swimjig, FROG (i hope). It's a river lake so might be muddy, backwaters usually clear.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Thanks, Sounds like the Texas lakes.

I'm wanting to fish it but the wife is telling me we have to go to OKC to see her family. I'm still working on that though. Basically. Dardanelle is a shallow water fishery. Pretty much any flipping bait fished in the grass is good to go. There are some bassmaster shows with the elites fishing Dardanelle in June that you can watch and will key you in on what needs to happen. It would be a fun trip for you.

5. Member
    clear....uh, no. Depends on how hot and how much flow. The hotter the better for the ledge, brushpile. I prefer to fish offshore stuff as opposed to shallow. May into June, depending on how things are, it's swim jig central.

Caught me a big girl up there last Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Good info. Thinking of coming too. Been on Oachita, but never Dardanelle. How is the boat traffic there on a summer weekend ? Fished Grand last year, THAT is a lot of boat traffic.

8. Member
    Nice toad you caught there Justin. I’ve never fished Dardanelle although I’ve spent lots of time there visiting Arkansas Nuclear One before I retired from Entergy. Maybe I’ll try to talk my fishing buddies into a trip there sometime this year.

9. Member
    You'll be hauling zebra mussels back to Texas, take the appropriate precautions. Lake definately has some nice fish.

10. Member
    Very Nice fish Silkstrinz.

11. Member
    Dardanelle is definitely not clear. In June there will be a lot of things going on, you will be able to catch fish about any way you want. If you're not very familiar with it then you would probably be best off with a frog or swim jig in the grass. Boat traffic isn't too bad as it is not a huge destination for play boats. Should be fun!

12. Member
    Thank You Mike.

How are the hotels or motels around the area ? Is it a safe area ?

13. Member
    Yes sir, it is a safe area, there are a lot of great hotels on Exit 81 off of I-40 and they would be the most convenient for boat ramps, restaurants, and gas stations. I would not leave stuff out unlocked, but we hardly ever have any problems with things being stolen around here. The fish are on right now and it will be really good by then!

14. Member
    I always stay at American's Best Value Inn and Suites. It has good parking with outlets for boats. Never been any issue. It's only about 5-10 minutes from the State Park on the Russelville side.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Great write up by Pete Robbins on Dardanelle. Check it out: https://bigbasstour.com/news/2018/05...-at-dardanelle

16. BBC SPONSOR
    It's almost time!!!

17. Member
    Practice day on Dardanelle was productive. We found lots of fish. Although, they were all little. Tomorrow we are hopeful to find the big ones.

Good luck to everyone fishing tomorrow. I wanted to be there bad but the wife dragged me to OKC.

Didn’t get to fish this weekend but I went Thursday morning after that rain shower and it was on fire. Just never caught anything over 3lb

20. Member
    Our day 1 and day 2 were almost the same as far as fish size. We caught a lot of fish both Saturday and Sunday. We just could not find any over 3lbs. It took over 3 lbs both Saturday and Sunday to get a check. The water temps on Saturday were unreal. We found 95 degree water, rewwater temperatures on Sunday dropped 6 degrees in some places after the rain Saturday night. Sunday was breezy and much cooler. Every thing we threw we got bit. Swim jigs, Blue Fleck worm, spinner baits, crank baits, swim baits. Sunday we did have a couple of blow ups that we thought the fish was around 4-5 lbs, never could get them hook up. The overall big fish was 6.97 and took home the Z19 Nitro boat. Now that
    was a great entry fee well spent. Congrats to Chris Seratt on the win.

The Anglers we came across were very nice. There were some that would fly under the bridges(we have yahoos in Texas that do this too) but over all it was nice. Dardanelle is a beautiful fishery and Arkansas should be proud. We were not accustomed to the lake drawing down and filling back up, having only fished a river system once I did not experience this on Guntersville. Should this event be held on Dardanelle again. We will drive up and fish it again.

Great Job Big Bass Tour. You guys are second to none !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast