Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I think I just built the ultimate aluminum bass/duck hunting rig!!

Figured I would start a whole new thread on this build... Here is the back story...

So I recently sold my Ranger 521vx when I moved from just east of Dallas, I now live in Granbury and have some decent lakes around me, but I feel naked without a rig to go out in. I have plenty of buddies who I can hitch rides with when I head out to fish big water like Lake Fork and all that which is awesome. I have nothing out this way though.

I was kicking the idea around of maybe getting into a 18” Aluminum center console and rigging it really nice with a Ultrex and Poles maybe a jack plate, I will primarly bass and crappie fish but with the aluminum boat I have more options if I want to take it out to duck hunt some public water.

So the search was on to find my starting platform, I was between Lund, G3, Ranger, Polarkraft, and a few others.

-Ranger I hated the console and once I hung poles on the back warranty voided.

-G3 was a decent rig, fit and finish didn’t impress me, I really wanted a Merc motor which wasn’t a option and also poles voided the warranty.

-Polar Kraft was a mediocre boat, lost some live well and storage space, not a really huge name in aluminum boats, it was tough though because I really wanted to deal my business through Monte at fun n sun

-Lund well the name speaks for itself, specialize in high quality and durable aluminum rigs, layout and storage was perfect, standard options are what I wanted, trailer updrades were available, WIDEST beam out of all of them. It was basically my perfect choice.

So I went to Fish and Ski Marine on Ray Rob and had the pleasure of working with BJ, Chris, and Sam. Let me first say those guys are A1! All the service guys were really awesome, everyone was professional, and let me take the reins on this build! Couldn’t ask for better guys to do business with!

So I got the boat order put in and now the rigging starts! My build is as follows...

Lund 1870 Predator Center Console
    Shadow grass camo
    Mercury Fourstroke 90ELPT Command Thrust (5yr extended warranty)
    OnBoard 3bank charger
    Bow trim switch
    1 shadow grass fold down seat
    Black power coated trailer with swing tounge
    Upgraded wheel and tire package with spare
    Boat buckle ratcheting tie downs
    2 8’ black Power Pole Blades
    52” Minnkota Ultrex 80lb thrust
    Lowrance HDS 9 on console with 3D Structure Scan
    Lowrance HDS 7 on bow (linked to the console unit)

I REALLY want to add the recessed trolling motor tray but there is a big support beam I would have to cut through and that scares me. So we’ll see down the road. I’m going to also add some little mods here and there. Possible trolling motor spot light, power pole nav light, might seadeck line the front deck, etc

Here is a sneak peak pic. I will keep y’all updated on progress! This is exciting, and a very unique rigged out tin boat that didn’t break the bank!

2. Member
    I think they gave you the wrong trailer. Also you could have went with an Ulterra/terrova, or Xi5 and the recessed tray would not be needed as much.

That sounds like a nice boat. I am surprised that you do not see more rigs setup like that as they make a great boat for doing everything.

3. Banned
    That's a real nice tin you got there sir. Me thinks you gonna love it!

Looking forward to more pics...

These are some really tuff built boats. Congrats and enjoy!

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Very nice boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I think they gave you the wrong trailer. Also you could have went with an Ulterra/terrova, or Xi5 and the recessed tray would not be needed as much.

That sounds like a nice boat. I am surprised that you do not see more rigs setup like that as they make a great boat for doing everything.

Wrong trailer? They come in galvanized pictured above or black which is what i got with upgraded wheels.

No go on either of those TM's not of fan of any of them.

Thank you! I'm excited to show her off! I'm sure ill get some questions at the ramp lol

Looks awesome
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N
    Dual Power Pole 8' Blades

8. Banned
    and the tin boat Lund family grows again.

9. Banned
    Looks like my Excel. I didn't know lund made a CC.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post

New this year. I believe the hull is actually a Crestliner

11. Member
    Thats gonna be an awesome set up. Lunds are absolute tanks.

12. Member
    Lowe in Lebanon MO builds the Retriever Series and Arrow for Crestliner. And the Predator Series and Jons for Lund. Little manufacturing sharing going on.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Lowe in Lebanon MO builds the Retriever Series and Arrow for Crestliner. And the Predator Series and Jons for Lund. Little manufacturing sharing going on.
    now ya did it! Ya gunna get the Lund people to gather & circle!

14. Member
    Is this boat riveted or welded?

15. Banned
    Welded.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Welded.
    Oh snap.

17. Member
    Like the Suzi on the back. Sharp rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Like the Suzi on the back. Sharp rig.

tjbev13,

Your boat is on this week The ultimate fishing experience show. You have to get the ultrex or anyone of the spot lock TM. They where fishing in a river. And I can honestly say. My Tracker is going to the lake house lift. When Iam done putting it back together. And this CC will be my next boat. Probably sooner then later.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    tjbev13,

Your boat is on this week The ultimate fishing experience show. You have to get the ultrex or anyone of the spot lock TM. They where fishing in a river. And I can honestly say. My Tracker is going to the lake house lift. When Iam done putting it back together. And this CC will be my next boat. Probably sooner then later.
    saw that! Catching catfish! Lol. I had to fish from the bank today, I wish my boat was done already!!!! Lol!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast