R&R Design Sliding TM mount for my Ulterra

Great piece of equipment. With the pull on the quick release pin I can slide my Ulterra back 7 inches. This solves 3 problems for me: trying to climb over the bow to get on the trailer, bow in docking, and my garage door clearance issues. Only annoying problem is a single clicking noise that's made when you put power to the motor as the two plates move against each other. I solved that with a 79 cent plastic paint scraper used as a shim between the plates. See pic below...I've got a piece of string attached so I won't lose it when not in use.
    There's a YouTube vid of the install here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RichW; 05-20-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Member
    Where did you purchase you mount?

3. Member
    Do anybody have experience with R&R Designs trolling motor slide bracket? I am on the fence which mount to buy for a new Ulterra MK slide mount.

dcalvert

4. Member
    I've had mine now for 7 months and it works as advertised, no issues at all ( but you do need the shim to quiet the clicking sound). Got mine from R&R direct.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalvert View Post
    Do anybody have experience with R&R Designs trolling motor slide bracket? I am on the fence which mount to buy for a new Ulterra MK slide mount.

dcalvert

I have my Ulterra and Terrova mounted to the MKA-51 mount and have had no issues. Works great and easy to swap the motors when needed.
    Give John a call at Jones Trolling Motors for help.

6. Member
    Thanks for the reply's. The shiming to make the R&R quiet is what has me on the fence. I have Talked with John at Jones and he was very helpful and recommended the MKA-51. Does any one else have experience with the Minn Kota MKA-51?
    I am planning to order Ulterra and bracket next week and do the install over Christmas.

7. Member