New 150 Pro XS 4s

Don, did I read something you said about having to add a water pressure sending unit to a new 4 stroke 150 Pro XS? I ordered this motor for a Triton TR186 and I have a SC1000 smart craft gauge (the small square one) as well as an analog water psi gauge now. Will I get all the info on the smart gauge from the new engine that I'm getting from the Optimax 150hp that I'm replacing or must I add sending units to this new motor? Thanks for any info you can give.

2. Member
    I have new 150 HP 4/stroke. Week and 1 day old. Also Smartcraft guage. I don't get water pressure.
    I am told I need to add a sending unit to motor for water pressure.
    Where can I get this and what is it called and/or order number?
    SN 2B544452
    Your help much appreciated!
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 03-24-2018 at 08:56 AM.

3. Member
    I believe the part we need is : 8M0059531

My motor being the standard 4/stroke did not come with one. Yours being the Pro XS may or may not have one I don't know.
    Hope this help you!

4. Member
    I won't get delivery until May 1st at best so I guess I have time to make some calls on the matter. I definitely want both water temp and pressure on this new engine. Thanks for the reply 5keepers2 and good luck to ya.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitriton View Post
    Don, did I read something you said about having to add a water pressure sending unit to a new 4 stroke 150 Pro XS? I ordered this motor for a Triton TR186 and I have a SC1000 smart craft gauge (the small square one) as well as an analog water psi gauge now. Will I get all the info on the smart gauge from the new engine that I'm getting from the Optimax 150hp that I'm replacing or must I add sending units to this new motor? Thanks for any info you can give.
    Your system monitor will display water pressure if the new engine has a water pressure sensor and that's something Don will have to verify.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The new 150 Fourstrokes do not include the Water Pressure Sensor. Rhonda (in our Parts Department) can assist you with the necessary sensor.

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories...

Important: Please see the Forum Announcements: ONE engine per thread (ONLY). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks Don. I will contact Rhonda.