Dealer install times?

Hey guys. I started the deal on my Z21 last Saturday, March 17th. The boat was in stock and ordered 2 helix 9s, ultrex and 2 power pole pro 2s. Today on Friday the service guys had the bow mount 9 installed , but not the console or ultrex. Poles will be Monday or so, 1 bracket on order. How long do they take? I installed an ipilot, hds 9 gen 3 and power pole on my last boat by myself and took about 5 hours total combined!!! The ultrex is a pull fortex and replace ( same bolts if I'm not mistaken).

2. Member
    What is the name of the dealer?
    2015 189 trx

3. Member
    Sorry for the issues. It can be frustrating to say the least but if it is done to your satisfaction then it will be okay in the end. The problem is you are paying good money to buy not only a boat but trust that your dealer will do what they say. I closed the deal on mine on a Thursday afternoon. Mods and options included installing 2 Power Poles, 2 HDS's linked and with structure scan, Merc monitor, Hamby and the tandem axle trailer it was sitting on switched to a single with the front step system added and wheels changed. I picked it up the next Thursday and they were closed for 2 days in between. I guess it depends on how busy they are and how many other customers are in line in front of you. Needed parts are another issue that may be out of their control as long as they ordered them timely. May not hurt to have a discussion with the owner.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    They did not even order the bracket overnight, which is what a dealer should do. The installers even mounted my mega si transducer on the bottom of transom, instead of the jack plate. They got the second Helix 9 in one day, but the powerpole bracket was not even there yesterday yet. I was told they brought my boat in yesterday morning, and by 4:30 pm, only the bow Helix 9 was installed. Guys, I have done my own installs for years and never took more than a day install a whole setup without any help. I told them I would do it myself, but they said the extended warranty would not cover my installs. There were three boats ahead of me on Tuesday. Also they told me the last US2 adapter for the trolling motor was sold while my boat was in back, so now thye don't have that.

5. Member
    I would be questioning them on their background experience in installation of those systems. Poor installations will just lead to more frustration and performance issues.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    I warned you earlier about what you was getting into when they couldn’t give you correct information on a cover. I truly hate it for you but your problems are just getting started from what you have already said about this place. A good dealer is everything when buying a bass boat more than any other kind of boats.

7. Member
    I bought a new z18 a month ago. It had a 150 four stroke and they swapped it out to a 175 Pro XS and installed 2 helix units, hot foot and blinker trim in 1 day. I had to wait a week to pick the boat up due to them rigging the boats ahead of mine but they pulled my boat in the shop on Friday and Saturday morning I picked her up.
    03 triton tr19
    03 merc 200 OptiMax.
    helix 12 msi g2n at bow and console.

Do they have everything in stock? 1 week is not that bad, what did they communicate to u?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Not everything was in stock, and the extra helix was 1 day, the pp bracket was not ordered 1 day. It's there now getting the poles on, and they are checking the motor due to an alarm over the weekend. They are not new to boats amd rigging, just new to Nitro. They have been selling Rangers and Skeeters for years.