Thread: Wire Wrap

Wire Wrap

I need some type of wire wrap to tidy up the cables and wires running from motor to transom. I do not want to disconnect to run in a sleeve. Hoping to find a wrap that I can use and that will look nice. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Member
    I think TH marine has a sleeve that has a zipper so youbdont have to unhook everything to run it

McMaster Carr sells it in various diameters with a velcro strip. Wrap it around and velcro together. I use it on the back of my boat and works great!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankb8 View Post
    McMaster Carr sells it in various diameters with a velcro strip. Wrap it around and velcro together. I use it on the back of my boat and works great!
    What does McMaster Carr call it ? The shop orders from them weekly I would like to get some. Thanks.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    What does McMaster Carr call it ? The shop orders from them weekly I would like to get some. Thanks.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-c...eving/=1c3zb20

6. Member

7. Member
    My boat is a piece of crap, I've beat it half to death. As many others, I use shop vac hose and that little part of my boat doesn't look bad. Of course you don't want to remove the lines to the motor, but it wasn't all that hard.

8. Member
    I have the TH zippered sleeve, works well

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JigALow View Post
    I need some type of wire wrap to tidy up the cables and wires running from motor to transom. I do not want to disconnect to run in a sleeve. Hoping to find a wrap that I can use and that will look nice. Any ideas?

Thanks
    I just did my boat with this stuff. Very easy to work with and no need to disconnect anything. I terminated the ends with electrical tape.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Images Attached Images

Dura-Wrap. Super tough, Velcro closure, multiple diameters available, cut-to-length.
    Doesn’t fade, tear, or fray. You can either melt the cut ends with a lighter or heat gun, or use wire shrink wrap for a nice finish end on multiple wires.
    I use it on all my electronics cables.
    https://www.wirecare.com/category/br...edirected=true

Attached Images Attached Images
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    On my tin rig, I used wire looming and snugged it up on each in with black zip ties. It worked great and really cleaned everything up especially where it goes through the boot into the rigging compartment. Of course with my motor (2003, 40 hp Merc) it had the shift and throttle cable, power, and fuel all entering the motor at different points. I just loomed each group individually. It still cleaned it up and I’m sure s offering some protection to the cables and power leads.