Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I don't believe in karma. You gotta fish every day like you own the whole lake. Giver uppers are snowflakes.

2. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I disagree back. Ike doesn't get any love from most of the people on BBC and I bet his sponsors love him.
    You didn’t intend to, but you’re helping me make my point. It’s not the class that’s the focus here. What place did Ike finish in the Classic? I’ll save you from looking it up like I had to...38th. What do you think he’s more we’ll know for? Being Ike, or finishing 38th in the Classic? What if he had finished 30th? 20th? 10th? 2nd? Even if he won, 2, 3, 5 years from now is he going to be more well known for being Ike, or for being that guy that won the Classic 5 years ago?

For the most part, sponsors don’t care about your tournament finishes. They care about your 1. Recognition, and 2. Ability to move their products. Whether that recognition comes from winning tournaments, having a great reputation as a classy individual, from acting “Ike “ isn’t relevant to the conversation.

3. Member
    BP is a good guy it seems. Had he been in contention then he might have done differently. He will likely get paid back for his kindness. Just like bad deeds will be rewarded sooner or later. I would hope I had his mindset in that situation. But,don't know as I ain't been in a tournament that big.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    You didn’t intend to, but you’re helping me make my point. It’s not the class that’s the focus here. What place did Ike finish in the Classic? I’ll save you from looking it up like I had to...38th. What do you think he’s more we’ll know for? Being Ike, or finishing 38th in the Classic? What if he had finished 30th? 20th? 10th? 2nd? Even if he won, 2, 3, 5 years from now is he going to be more well known for being Ike, or for being that guy that won the Classic 5 years ago?

For the most part, sponsors don’t care about your tournament finishes. They care about your 1. Recognition, and 2. Ability to move their products. Whether that recognition comes from winning tournaments, having a great reputation as a classy individual, from acting “Ike “ isn’t relevant to the conversation.
    And I think you're making my point. You're insinuating that this one "class act" from BP is something that will give him positive exposure that will help his sponsors. I think most people won't know or care that he gave a spot up to someone once. Ike can finish 38th and still be a net positive for his sponsors.

5. Banned
    Maybe if Brandon had fished the flat, Christie might have won by making a single change. 1 simple thing changes the outcome of every situation.

In another rambling; I wonder if Jordan’s nickname on the tour is “the comback kid” now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345