Ps 22 worth the money

Is the ps22 that much better than the 21? Is the 20 degree angle that much better

2. Member
    Tough call. On the LiveVu Forward I wouldn't say it is. I like it better but that's more of a personal preference than saying I can catch more fish with it. I rarely use it as LiveVu Down. I do some in water around 100 ft +-. It doesn't have the range of the PS30 and I have the PS30 on the transom. I guess it depends more on how you fish. If you do much jigging I would say it's worth it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    I can't say as I have yet to see a PS 22 in action. All I know prior to the PS 21. To get down and front vu it was 1499.00 x 2 for the ps31 and the ps 30.

When the the PS 21 came out is was 1499 for the PS 30 and 999 for the PS 21. Now with the PS 22 you get down and front for 999. Granted not at the same time but for1/3 money I could get used to flipping it up and down.

So strictly speaking financial well worth it. Performance ? All I know by this time next year I will be able answer that as going to get the 22 for ice fishing.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

4. Member
    I fish the Ohio river mostly and hope to get to my place in Florida some. Not sure I will use the live vu down, but may if I had it

5. Member
    Here is what I do, later in the year on my lake for deep walleye. First I'd already determined where I am going to be fishing using the PS30 and SideVu. Both have extraordinary range and I call my searching, taking inventory. How many fish do I see, how much bait, etc. PS30 and SideVu are on the transom. I call it inventorying an area. When I decide to fish (jig) I drop the trolling motor. PS22 is on LiveVu Down. I set the range to 40 ft. That's 80 ft total. I slowly turn it to see where to pitch to and where to better situate the boat for the fish that are there. I'm looking front and back or left and right at the same time. Very effective. I don't know that will work for you but I went into the details to illustrate the method. Also at this time of year the fish will be 50 ft or deeper. The PS21 will show you the same fish. There's just more turning of the trolling motor. Half the work with the PS22.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.