St croix avid spinning

Looking at the st croix avid 68mxf and 7mf for shaky head. Leaning towards the 68mxf. Little worried at the xf. Anybody fish with these rods? Thanks!

2. Member
    I own many st croix rods in legend bass/elite/extreme. I'm personally not a fan of the xf tip. All my spinners are M or ML with a fast tip and i love them. Go with the 7mf, you'll love it and its a very very versatile rod.

3. Member
    I also got away from the xf tips. I've had a couple break so I went to the fast tip and the rods have held up.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I will pick up the 7mf.

5. Member
    I am just about to pull the trigger on a Elite 6’8” mxf spinner. Now I am thinking twice about that purchase. Sounds like mxf is not as versatile as a mf. I will be throwing similar stuff also, finesse stuff. Any comments.

6. Member
    I’m with everyone above. Go with the fast tip. The XF to me is a little too stiff for finesse stuff and doesn’t load up as as well as I’d like. Don’t get me wrong 75% of the tods I own are st croix but over time I realized I like the action of a premier over the mojos cause of the softer tip.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydbee View Post
    I also got away from the xf tips. I've had a couple break so I went to the fast tip and the rods have held up.
    I'll second staying away from St. Croix's xf action rods, snapped off the first foot of a 6"3" MXF legend elite spinning rod swinging a 1.5lb bass into the boat. My fishing partner was laughing his ass off that my new $360 rod performed so well, go with the fast tips, never had a problem and all the rest of my rods are St. Croix.