Ultrex cable tension screw..

I have had my Ultrex out 4 times..I seen in the manual at several different places that the tension screw is to be set at 10 to 12 inch pounds..so i pulled out the torque wrench and set it to 11 inch pounds and proceeded to tighten the cable tension screw..i had to turn the screw 3 to 4 complete rounds before the wrench clicked..i wouldnt have thought it would have taken that many rounds to get to 11 inch pounds on a new motor that is preset at the factory..my question is would the cables be too tight now or would they have been just that loose from the factory or by me using it 4 times has the cables seated in more? Just wondering if i should back it off some or just go with it because after all i just torqued it to the specs listed in the manual..Thanks..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

2. Member
    Bump for John when he gets some time..no hurry and thanks..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

3. Member
    Following...

following ....also wondering how to tight is and to lose is on the pedal.

5. Member
    The footpedal tension screw is to keep "slop" out of the footpedal. The steering cables have nothing to do with steering the motor on an Ultrex -- they steer/turn the footpedal. The tension will be set so that when the motor starts to turn, the footpedal starts to move.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]