Question about Razor Propellers

Razor 4 actually. I’m thinking about getting one for a back up and a primary prop when I’m at Lake St Clair. This will be used on a Caracal with a Sho motor. Does anyone have any experience with this prop and it’s performance? What pitch would you guys recommend with the guys and a heavy tackle load?

I had a Caracal with 225 sho. Mark put me in a 23p razor 4 blade (not razor xl). I could hit 70 on it, put typically don’t go much over 50-55 on st Clair due to waves. I’t was a good prop. Was gonna have Mark tweak it a bit for a little more bow lift (too much tackle!).

Don’t forget to check the coast guard and Ontario regs for safety gear requirements. Might be a bit more than your used to.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I had a Caracal with 225 sho. Mark put me in a 23p razor 4 blade (not razor xl). I could hit 70 on it, put typically don’t go much over 50-55 on st Clair due to waves. I’t was a good prop. Was gonna have Mark tweak it a bit for a little more bow lift (too much tackle!).

Don’t forget to check the coast guard and Ontario regs for safety gear requirements. Might be a bit more than your used to.
    Holland’s, you said had a Caracal. Did it not work well for you on St Clair? I was hoping that it would be a really good boat on that body of water. I too carry a ton of tackle, so do you suggest having Mark work the prop before I take ownership of it? I am also curious about the RPM’s that you turned with the prop. It must be really stiff for a 23 pitch.

Caracal is great on st Clair. I’ve got a new one on the way. Marks props tend to be stiff. I was turning right at 5800 the last time I touched 70. I’d talk to Mark and see what he says, but would probably go for a bit more lift. My new boat will have an evinrude G2. I’ve got the razor 4 to put on it. Will see how it runs.
    Last edited by Hollada; 03-23-2018 at 06:55 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex