Thread: Moles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    the only way, is a spike trap leave the door about 1" off the ground that gives him enough room to get under it before spikes come down though the skull

2. Member
    I forget the name of it because I haven't seen it in a while because it's buried, but it makes a beeping sound runs off C or D batteries. You have to hurry it about 5" down but works great. You'll know when the batteries die (about a year) because the little bastards will be back.

3. Member
    Look for a product that has milky spore in my it or even better go online you can just get milky spore.it will last longer than a bag of insect killer with milky spore in it.last about 6 years instead of have to reapply every year

David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

5. Member
    Talprid, looks like a plastic worm, use rubber gloves to keep your scent off of it, remove some dirt over a tunnel insert the work cover it up and let him eat it. He will be gone in a day. Buy it on amazon

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    I just finished spreading out 80lbs. of granular insecticide last weekend when I noticed a few mole hills in my neighbors yards. This won't kill the moles but it will limit the food supply of grubs and worms that they feed on in my yard so they will stay in my neighbors yards. I have to do this about twice a year.
    I tried that and my $15.00 normal water bill went to $75.00 that month and I still didn't get rid of the mole👿

I just finished spreading out 80lbs. of granular insecticide last weekend when I noticed a few mole hills in my neighbors yards. This won't kill the moles but it will limit the food supply of grubs and worms that they feed on in my yard so they will stay in my neighbors yards. I have to do this about twice a year.
    Did the same some years ago, and the moles haven't been back yet. Yes, I expect them to return sometime. It is too bad to lose the earthworms, but getting the moles to go away is worth it. I'm not replacing the grubs, but can afford to buy new earthworms.

8. Member

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    the only way, is a spike trap leave the door about 1" off the ground that gives him enough room to get under it before spikes come down though the skull
    Tried everything mention here but this is what worked for me
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage33 View Post
    Stick a water hose in their tunnel and flush’em out. Then exterminate.
    Same here, got a bunch with this technique

11. Member
    I need to try a spike trap. Any brand better than another

12. Member
    Road flares in the tunnel.

13. Member
    The spike trap i have pushes itself up more than it spikes down. Get the traps with the wire loops.

14. Member
    Subtract 6.02×10^23

Quote Originally Posted by bfrank View Post
    Subtract 6.02×10^23
    Not everyone will get this but for the nerds...
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Milky spore works if the grubs in your area are killed by it. You will have to check with your local extension office to be sure. The best way to do it though.....nematodes. You guys putting the insecticide on your lawns need to learn. I did audits on chemical plants and had to deal with some really bad stuff. The insecticide plants were by far the worst out there. That stuff will kill you by either touch or odor. You put it on your lawns...now if your kids or grand kids play in the grass, they are affected. Not a smart idea.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Perchpro View Post
    The spike trap i have pushes itself up more than it spikes down. Get the traps with the wire loops.
    you must try try this,set the trap,trip it and thing push the 6 forks in the ground a couple times and remember you will get them when you let them get half way under it and it trips and the spikes go all the way down,if you set the trip door to close you will get them in the feet,the skull is better place lol.i always get mine i have 4 traps (right after rain is the best time)(hoops work well also)

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$n View Post
    Talprid, looks like a plastic worm, use rubber gloves to keep your scent off of it, remove some dirt over a tunnel insert the work cover it up and let him eat it. He will be gone in a day. Buy it on amazon
    Talprid this stuff works really good.
    John the Garage Doorman

My lab also gigs em out. The only problem is that sometimes she goes down about 2 feet to get em..

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullrider View Post
    I tried that and my $15.00 normal water bill went to $75.00 that month and I still didn't get rid of the mole
    I usually put it out just before it rains. You don't want too much water or it will dilute the insecticide and it won't be nearly as effective.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast