Prop for a 596/250 E-TEC??

Hey Charger team its been a loooong time since I have visited but I always get my questions answered when I do visit. I still have my '09 596/'08 250 E-Tec and I'm wanting to get a new 4 blade prop for her. I have a 3 blade now but 90% of my fishing is on the mighty miss river and I need to get up on plane pretty fast due to the shallow back waters. I'm not a speed demon most the time cuz the wife and dog are my copilots but a little wind in the face now and then is good so I need something that covers these bases. I had the lower unit replaced with the new version so she is not a pig anymore getting up out the hole but need a little more. What are my 596 brothers running on this setup? thanx, RD.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I would think a 24 raker 2 would be the ticket on that setup ,my 596 with 225 opti rips out of the hole with a 25 tempest and a 25 turbo lightning.

3. Member
    This was a while ago, but my buddy ran a 596 with a 225 rude and he used my 4 blade 25 pitch powertech prop and it jumped on plane. Also great in rough water. 24 raker worked was the best overall choice though

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I would think a 24 raker 2 would be the ticket on that setup ,my 596 with 225 opti rips out of the hole with a 25 tempest and a 25 turbo lightning.
    Are they worked or stock? Just wonder if the raker would need to be worked or would stock yield good results.

Also read where the stock RX4 was good by asome Ranger owners fwiw.
    Last edited by Sports1; 03-23-2018 at 06:33 AM.