Striker Plus 4cv and 5cv connectivity

I was considering both for a belly boat setup. I'd like to make a bottom map of two bay I usually dive in.

My primary aim is to transfer maps on a desktop computer to try later postprocess them for a bathymetric blueprint.

But I'm not sure if both 4cv and 5cv have wifi connection (like the 7 and 9 models) and ActiveCaptain capable. Any clear explanation about this?

thx

All of the Striker Plus units are compatible with QuickDraw mapping, but only the 7 and 9 are compatible with ActiveCaptain.

However, what you propose to do with QD maps (transfer to computer for post-processsing) is not possible with any Garmin units.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    All of the Striker Plus units are compatible with QuickDraw mapping, but only the 7 and 9 are compatible with ActiveCaptain.

However, what you propose to do with QD maps (transfer to computer for post-processsing) is not possible with any Garmin units.

Right Todd,
    doing some searches I've indeed discovered what you said. But seems like that Garmin Quickdraw maps can be can be handled on a desktop computer that is to say just showed up using the CONNECT web site.

By your knowledge, Is it possible to send Quickdraw maps, made by me or other users for different waterbody, to strikers 7 and 9 via wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by MarsArtis View Post
    By your knowledge, Is it possible to send Quickdraw maps, made by me or other users for different waterbody, to strikers 7 and 9 via wifi?
    Yes, with the 7/9 units and WiFi/ActiveCaptain App, you have access to the QuickDraw Contours Community.
    Garmin Pro Team