Thread: Motor History

Motor History

I am getting close to finalizing a purchase and was wondering if there is a way to get a motor's history using the serial number? Thanks!

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Call BRP customer care center with the serial number. Keep in mind they will only have records of warranty claims. Preventative service by the dealer will not be included.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Call BRP customer care center with the serial number. Keep in mind they will only have records of warranty claims. Preventative service by the dealer will not be included.
    Thank you for the reply! I just called and they were friendly and provided me information on how to transfer the warranty but said that they did not have the past warranty claims. The woman thought that a dealer might be able to pull that history for me.

4. Member
    As ChampioNman said no way to know service history except if you talk to the dealer that may have done any. You can get a history of operating parameters from plugging a laptop into the EMM and is very useful info if looking to buy a second hand engine.