TV fishing shows

just wondering where Shaw Grigsby's show is ?

Good question...I haven't seen it in a while either.

3. Member
    I had it in my record manager and it has not recorded this year. I have met Shaw and he is a great guy. His show could have been really good but to be honest it turned into a infomercial and became unwatchable.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Maybe it wasn't a game changer...

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Seems like a very nice guy and before he started doing his show, he did pretty well on the tour. Nothing personal but I can't watch his show for several reasons. That high pitched squeal and all the product hawking. I understand he's doing both to earn a living and I wish him well but I turn him off or at least on mute. Again, not personal and I wish him the best.

Dale Sinclair original

I use to really love that show. Even with the corny "splash" noises added in. I really enjoyed seeing him fish some out of the way places in Florida. It just became to much. There was a show on Okeechobee with Steve Daniels where they were throwing buzzbaits. Shaw was selling his braid, super sensitive rod and reels with the latest strike king honey buzz and ole Steve commenced to whipping Shaw on tv with a 30 year old fiberglass rod and 20 pound mono.

Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Maybe it wasn't a game changer...

that's one of the reasons I don't care for MLF.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Seems like a very nice guy and before he started doing his show, he did pretty well on the tour. Nothing personal but I can't watch his show for several reasons. That high pitched squeal and all the product hawking. I understand he's doing both to earn a living and I wish him well but I turn him off or at least on mute. Again, not personal and I wish him the best.
    I know that to some extent they all get paid to talk about their sponsors product and I accept that, but he just took it way too far. It actually made me want to not buy some products.
    Product placement is an art otherwise it's just carnival barking.

10. Member
    Never liked his show. I kept waiting for a box to pop up and say you have 57 seconds left to order at this low low price.

agree with all the comments, I liked seeing some of the Florida spots.And curious as to why it's not on. His voice is well ,bad

12. Member
    Fishing shows are going the way of the dinosaur, sponsors no longer see value in reaching their target audience via that format. Today’s technology allows amateurs to edit and create first class short clips and post to free social media.

I see Shimano has dropped all fishing TV hosts from there program (Dave Mercer comes to mind of recent). I don’t blame them when they can provide some free product and discounts to folks vs writing checks in the past. It’s no wonder when you see some of these kids putting world class footage together and reaching tens of thousands of fisherman instantly and more effectively.

Scott Martin is one who recognized this early and adapted.