Banned

Lifting the back of my boat off the trailer

Any suggestions on raising the back of my Ranger off the trailer to buff and wax the boat where the fenders cover the boat. Wondering If I could use a piece of plywood under the pad and use a floor jack.

Ideas.

2. Member
    Boards and a floor jack. Lifts right up, I actually put to on jack stands then raised the front and put on jack stands then rolled the trailer out from under it (a little at a time then moved the jack stands when it came to a cross member).

Or go to the boat store and have them lift it off the trailer with their hoist and straps. Be nice to them and if they aren’t using it they will let you use it free. Bring battery power buffer and wax away.

3. Member
    Not sure what model you have. I have a 06/519vx. The fenders are easily removed four stainless nuts and fender washers. Light wiring have quick disconnects. 15 minutes per fender same to replace. No worries about lifting your rig off the bunks. Nothing wrong with that method also.

4. Member
    I forgot to mention there probably rivets holding the base to the trailer. I removed the rivets and replaced with stainless steel 1/4-20 carriage bolts. This way I can remove the fenders with ease.

5. Member
    Like this:

Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Banned
    That is a Great Set Up. How did you get it off the trailer. Did David Copperfield Levitate It. ??

7. Member
    LOL no, it's actually a Brown's boat lift setup. You just jack it up and pull out the trailer. About 30mins.
    I place the screw jack in the center after, just to keep the center supported if it's going to be that way for some time.

Another angle:

Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

8. Member
    I jack mine up after every trip that it will be out of the water for more then a couple days. I use a 4x4 with a two foot long carpeted 2x6 on top and a bottle jack. It takes me two minutes to jack up a side. I do it to dry my bunks but it would work great for what your thinking.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    LOL no, it's actually a Brown's boat lift setup. You just jack it up and pull out the trailer. About 30mins.
    I place the screw jack in the center after, just to keep the center supported if it's going to be that way for some time.

Another angle:

Do you have a link for Brown's boat lift?

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    I jack mine up after every trip that it will be out of the water for more then a couple days. I use a 4x4 with a two foot long carpeted 2x6 on top and a bottle jack. It takes me two minutes to jack up a side. I do it to dry my bunks but it would work great for what your thinking.
    How flat does that 2x6 sit against the bottom of your hull?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Could you take a photo on how you jack it up?? I want to re carpet my bunks inside my garage....Thanks

12. Member
    Me and technology don't get along, I tried to post a pic once and it took me all day and I didn't succeed. Picture a 1 foot long piece of 4x4 then take a 2 foot long 2x6 and put some carpet on it and staple the underside. Then screw it to the top of the 4x4. Make sure you sink the screw so they don't scratch the hull. My boat is kept in a garage with a concrete floor. I slide under with a kreeper but I'm old you could easily just lie on the floor. I put the 2x6 on the inside of the outside bunk, slide the bottle jack under and up she goes. I usually jack up until the boat touches the opposite side fender and then put a fan on the floor blowing on the bunks. 24 hrs later I do the other side. I know this might sound like a lot of work to some people but I'm not a couch potato I always need stuff to do and little maintenance things like this keep me busy and quite frankly I enjoy it.

13. Member

lower tongue to the floor with a two ton floor jack. Crib up the rear step and raise tongue to max height. Crib the center and lower. Place the jack under the front trailer wheel and lift to desired height. Crib and lower jack. This will give you 3-5” of clearance off trailer bunks. Make sure wheels are chocked before you start the process. Safe and secure for replacing bunks and other maintenance.