Sold on the Utrrex now looking at 360 with a Bird on the Bow

The Ultrex with link is installed and I am loving it. Now I would like to add a 360 and a bird unit on the bow in conjunction with the HDS 12 Gen 2 touch that I will use for mapping, 2d and DI. I don't have a bird unit yet but want to have the potential to add more in the future, likely at the console to replace HDS 9's if I decide to drop Lowrance. I have read some that the Helix unit is better for 360 than the Solix. Just trying to understand pros and cons. Would love to hear some input or point me in the right direction for more information.

Thanks!

I have a similar set up and went with a Helix 9 Chirp/GPS without the SI and DI. If I had it to do all over again I would go with the Helix 10 without the SI DI to compliment my Lowrance units. The Helix 10 has better screen resolution than the 9. Be sure to get the LakeMaster mapping card to utilize all the features of the Link.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

3. Member
    I just moved my HDS 9 from the bow to the console and now having a dual mount with two HDS 9's. I've been waiting for my 360 to arrive but have already mounted and using a Helix 12 Mega DI G2N at the bow. Maybe one day I'll go all HB but I'm really familiar with the "L" brand and their software so time will tell.

I went to BPS and spent a lot time playing with the Solix and Helix models. The Solix was very nice but did take longer to understand the menus. The Helix was simple. With more time I'm sure the Solix would become second nature.

For me, the Helix made more sense as I plan to just view the 360 and DI views most of the time. I went with a 12" screen so that I could get a larger view and be able to see it better standing anywhere on the deck.

Also have an Ultrex w/ Link but have no plans to connect it to the Helix since it's on the bow and there's only 1 Ethernet port which the 360 requires.