humminbird repair

I recently bought a used 999CI HD. I used it last fall when I purchased it for a few hours on its own and seemed fine. This spring I networked with my buddies 898 for a trip to Guntersville and had problems with the networking and freezing and eventually the screen went blank and I've got nothing. I can see the buttons illuminate when I hold in the power button, but otherwise nothing. By the time I pay for a repair cost to humminbird I'm darn near at new price and still no warranty. I'm an electronics tech and can easily replace the circuit board myself, but I have no idea on where to find the internal parts like that and google searching hasn't brought up much. Any ideas would be appreciated. Looking for parts purchase or even a unit that the screen is broken and somebody wants to dump a broken unit.

2. Member
    I would open it up and look inside. Ther are some posts from the past that talk about the connector on the display coming off or loose. Bob

Does it do it only when networked or now on its own?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Does it do it only when networked or now on its own?
    it won't turn on at all now

5. Member
    I'll trade you a working 898

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Call HB C/S... 1-800-633-1468

They have been known to replace units out of warranty and also replace with newer models.

The PCB is robotically assembled with SMDs so you already know what the chances of changing components are.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/