Thread: Ike is a ....

Ike is a ....

Watching MLF on lake winyah(?) near Alpena. Feeling sorry for Ike’s Marshall. I think I’d rather swim the Clinton river after a heavy rain then spend a day in a boat with Iaconeli.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Haven't seen the episode but would probably just laugh at his antics as a marshal just like I do watching him on TV. If he don't like me laughing, that's his problem.

I like IKE.... I bought my Yamaha 250 from him.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    I spent a day on LSC with Iaconnelli as a Marshal..I had a great time and he is pretty laid back when the cameras aren't on him....We hung out in the service area aftrewards working on his boat BSing. with the other elite guys...It was a good time ...
    I haven't seen anyone spend the time with fans like he does....You see some elite guys blow off the fans but Iaconnelli takes the time with anyone that wants a picture or whatever as soon as weigh in is done..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Ike is about the only pro that I want to meet. The guy has character. Without his excitement, B.A.S.S. would be dead or succeeding to FLW.

Think about it. If you run an analysis on the number of threads that have "IKE" in the subject header or body, compare it to any other angler (even KVD), and he would reign supremacy. The guy gets attention, flat out. No other angler can compete. I know some will say that it is "bad" media. We all know there is no such thing as bad media attention. Look at Trump and what he has been able to achieve with all of the "bad" media coverage.
    Ike is a class act and without him, in my opinion, B.A.S.S would be suffering as it is boring to watch. He is getting the kids involved which is desperately needed.

7. Member
    So you don't like him.....get over yourself....seems the fans he gets involved in the sport LOVE HIM....and myself and young lady had a GOOD laugh when IKE did his thing on MLF the other night. But then again I have never cared about others opinions in how I live my story.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I think he shows genuine excitement. He probably plays it up a little extra for the cameras but he is just a big kid living the dream. I also can see why it would be off putting to his competitors. I've also heard many times how good he is to his fans. Which is very cool! Especially the kids.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

9. Member
    I’d pay to spend a day in the boat with Ike.

10. Member
    I think all of Alpena knew when he went out....Kreit said he was 2 miles away and he heard what sounded like a howler �� monkey....funny stuff......E

Quote Originally Posted by elw361V View Post
    I think all of Alpena knew when he went out....Kreit said he was 2 miles away and he heard what sounded like a howler �� monkey....funny stuff......E

That could have been me...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

12. Member
    Met him at classic expo on sunday. great guy very friendly. he and family working the ike foundation booth handing out tackle boxes. he signed my daughters tackle box she got and took pic with us. he commented on my daughters sprite saying swindle would be mad it wasnt a diet dew. but he would protect her. lol.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

i want to fish that lake, looks awesome

14. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    i want to fish that lake, looks awesome
    Now that they put it on MLF it will get pounded.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

15. Member
    He hand landed every fish Jezierski had at the James River Open last year. One was an 8lb 9oz and won Jon the tournament. Jon said Ike was more excited for him than he was.
    -Matt

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I like IKE.... I bought my Yamaha 250 from him.
    Has it blown a head gasket yet? ;)
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Nope!