Center Seat removal on new ones

While at Pro's Choice dropping my Z7 off for a new motor I browsed the new models.
    man those are pretty darn sweet. IMO Nitro has improved even since my 2010 z7 dramatically.

The one feature I thougth was very cool was the removable center seat. How will that hold up over time?
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

Im just exited the most that when i buy my next one there should be a day box in the front of the console for some weights hooks and plastic, "sticky foam to poke hooks into"
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I hear that! With my 2013 I had to remove the center seat myself and replace it with a carpeted door to cover the pumps. Looked pretty much like the ones they have now, except the new ones allow you to clip the seat onto the access door. Picking up my new Z18 this weekend and ordered it without the center seat because I just don't like it. I have to be able to move around the whole boat which will happen even more with the Ultrex TM. But you're right - the Nitro boats seem to improve every year and are night & day different than my 1996 Nitro I started out in.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Im just exited the most that when i buy my next one there should be a day box in the front of the console for some weights hooks and plastic, "sticky foam to poke hooks into"
    You could use the Basscat carpeted step box to replace your center seat too. Just stumbled onto that a few days ago when someone on another forum said it fit perfectly on his Z8 and should fit any Z series boat. An option like that would be nice for Nitro to offer too.

Yeah i made a center seat replacement, but that isnt on the front deck like the windscreen is, also i know my fuses are back there but other than that its wasted space
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    The one feature I thougth was very cool was the removable center seat. How will that hold up over time?
    I have removed and replaced mine several times over the last 18 months. No issues yet. For the most part it stays off, wrapped in plastic and in the shed.